Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Finally got my S-03's and dumped my Rosso's

Old 01-21-2002, 11:30 AM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Finally got my S-03's and dumped my Rosso's

Last Tuesday I finally got myself some new tires and put on the Bridgestone Pole Position S-03's and replaced my Pirelli PZero Rosso's.
After one week of driving and one day in the wet I can say there is a difference. I have an E55 and the car just seems to grab harder in the turns and seems more stable at high speeds. Where I drive there are a lot of seams and cracks in the freeway from the Northridge Quake in 1994 and the Rosso's seemed to catch an edge once in a while. It kind of felt like I was skiing on some dull skiis and my edges got pulled the wrong way.
Going into and through high speed turns seem much easier- I feel like I am driving on rails and my speeds are faster through the same turns that I wasnt as confident with the Rosso's.
The wet was an even more dramatic difference, the S-03's are an incredible wet tire and I felt myself going a little too fast while the rest of the "scared when it rains" Californians were driving their usual 20 mph slower rain speeds.
Noisewise the Rosso's are just slightly more quiet and barely more comfortable. These are two items that I can live with and the differences are minute in nature. Dont get me wrong, the Rosso's are a great Max Performance Tire but they just don't live up to the S-03's. I have not driven on the Pilots or the AVS's so maybe they may come up to the caliber of the S-03's but I am very pleased with these new shoes.
Old 01-21-2002, 11:41 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 SL-500 on order
I have never driven on the 03's , but i have used Pirelli P-zeros, Dunlops SP9000 and Yokos AVS sport. And by far the AVS was one of the quietest and most comfortable tires I bought when i ran 19" brabus rims on my SLK.
Old 01-21-2002, 11:51 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the stock Pilots right now and they seem to hold up very well when cornering at 80-90mph.
Old 01-21-2002, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm running AVS Sports right now because the SO3's won't be available until April. I love the AVS Sports. They are quiet and really grippy. I haven't had a chance to try them in wet weather yet. However, my next tires will be the SO3s.