Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

tire ratings at Tire Rack

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 12:05 AM
RHW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
94 Wagon and 94 Cabriolet
tire ratings at Tire Rack

I have a hard tme understanding when there are so many thousands of miles accounted for, IE the data should keep getting cleaner and more accurate as you add users/miles...

Are there serious reasons not to trust the validity of Tire Rack's consumer ratings? (Considering that some tires described by experts are mediocre, yet when rated by users, they are regarded much hgher)
Old 08-03-2009, 11:05 AM
TR Moderator & Tire God

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
depends on the weather
I use the customer ratings as a guide line for general information. i.e. if 20 people think they're good tires and 1 says they stink, odds are they are good tires. But, our customers are sharing their experiences and opinions and you know the old cliche' about opinions.

Our test results are more scientific and can offer a more accurite reading of a tires true ability. You can then use those results validate the customer reviews.

If you still have questions after all of that information feel free to post your concerns here at MBWorld or contact me directly

thanks

Last edited by Luke@tirerack; 08-03-2009 at 11:08 AM.