Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Maybe Someone Will Answer Me Here: 2004 E320 Wagon - Tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 02:55 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 E400 Wagon Black/Black MB Tex P1 & Sport Wheel Package
Maybe Someone Will Answer Me Here: 2004 E320 Wagon - Tires

Told rear tires (Michelin Pilot Sport AS's) had significant wear. Took car back to Sears where we had purchased the 4 Michelin Pilot Sport AS's as they are still under warranty. They said tires were overinflated & wear was not mechanical defect.

I would have thought that when car was in dealer a few days earlier & they found tire wear that they would have adjusted pressure if indeed overinflated (Sears said rear tires were at 40) or is Sears trying to get out of replacing?

Also, we brought the car into Sears in November as one tire was leaking air & they patched (it was a nail) & they never mentioned wear or pressure at that time.

Will likely not win with Sears but these tires are discontinued & I have a few questions:

1-should the front tires be put on the rear as they are in good shape. manager said the better tires should be on rear for traction & safety.

2-can we just replace 2 tires with a different tire or will we have to get 4 new tires?

3-I bought the Pilot Sport AS after recommendations on here so wondering what the preferred current recommended tire is for this car now that these are discontinued.

Thanks.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:12 PM
TR Moderator & Tire God

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
depends on the weather
#1.) best tires on the rear
#2.) Sears and your dealer are not very likely to be proactive about your tire wear
#3.) Pilot Sport AS+