Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Stuck in park,BAS/ESP/ABS,BRAKE LIGHT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 08:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 c320 4matic
Stuck in park,BAS/ESP/ABS,BRAKE LIGHT

desperate need of some help please! Ok, i have a 2004 c320 4 matic. started out that the wipers and washer stopped working. so i assumed that a fuse was blown. i checked all the fuses in all three boxes trunk, under hood, driverside dash, all were good? i did pull all fuses out one at a time to check them. When i started the car back up i had a BAS/ESP light on dash and worse part the car is stuck in park? Also the brake light go to workshop code is there to and no interior lights? Im in a small town about 2 hrs from dealer? I have read nearly every thread on here concerning this problem and it all sounds like a brake light switch is the problem? So first of all there is nothing under my dash that looks like the switch shown on here. I also have been to parts house here and they list the same switch shown in these threads for the c320 but not the 4 matic? Is this different on my car and if so does anyone have any ideas? Im also assuming that the brake switch is not telling the shifter that the brake is pressed so it want let it go into gear? The brake lights do come on when the brake is pressed?
Thanks
Bobby
The following users liked this post:
Kendrick Lamar (04-18-2019)
Old 04-18-2019, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz C320 2002
Please

I have the same problem and i did the same moves . i try to replace a fuse whith the key on and BAS ESP ABS show up in dash and the gear stuck .? If somebody can help me please ? Thank you