Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Need suggestions for new RFT for W212 E-350 diesel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 04:04 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
'11 E350BTC P2 Leather
Need suggestions for new RFT for W212 E-350 diesel

my car has a DEF tank in the trunk, so no spare tire. Therefore it comes with 17" wheels and run flat tires, OEM are Bridgestone Turanzas. Size is 245/45R17

I am due for four new tires this spring (so within a month or two)

I actually like RFT so please don't recommend ditching them and keeping a can of goop and compressor in the trunk.

I am looking for recommendations for best RFT out there today (spring 2017) as far as ride, noise and tread life.

If you were me, what RFT would you buy today? I am a very conservative driver, not so concerned with cornering ability as I am with noise and tread life. I have almost 110,000 miles on my car and plan to keep it for a long time still.

There is a tirerack warehouse within a 15 minute drive, but I am open to suggestions on tires they don't sell.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:34 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
'11 E350BTC P2 Leather
I ended up with four used Bridgestone Driveguard RFT, 245/45/R17 from bestusedtires.com, all in with shipping and all, it was $310 for the four. Tire Rack was $670 for the same four tires, and mine are pretty much brand new.

Even the installed couldn't believe how nice they were for what I paid.

Glad there was someone out there who hated his run-flats.