Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Problems SBC pump unit.

Old 05-02-2017, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E 220 cdi automatic
Exclamation Problems SBC pump unit.

Michael20953

Drives: Mercedes E 220 cdi automatic
Exclamation Problems SBC pump unit.
I all.
I have a 2005 Mercedes E220 CDI Automatic.
I Recently got this fault message.
Service Breaks.Visit Workshop.
My Mechanic got it checked for me and the conclusion was that the SBC unit was the problem.
I was have searched Google for advice and have came up with a lot of information on this fault.On Honest John I discovered the fault message I got is a common problem on the 2003 to 2006 models and there was some sort of recall on the SBC unit.
On an other site the problem SBC unit was replaced cost free but only after forcing the issue with the Mercedes garage.
In my case my Mercedes E 220 CDI has had a service every year.
An average of 4000mls per year and this adds up to 48000mls todate.
As you can imagine it is in perfect condition or was till this message appeared.
I quoted 2000euro to replace this unit but I believe that the SBC pump unit should be replaced by the Mercedes garage on the recall bases and will insist on it.
I also believe that Mercedes should have contacted me and anyone else who was likely to have this problem.
As this is a major safety issue l think they have let us all down and should be ashamed and if necessary shamed.
You may have guessed that I very annoyed with them and feel that they are to blame for the position I find myself in.
If anyone can supply me with solid information that I can use when dealing with The Mercedes company when insisting that they carry out the SBC pump replacement.
Last edited by Michael20953; Today at 09:48 PM. Reason: Missing word.