Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

New Rims

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 05:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 E350 Bluetec, 2007 Corvette supercharged, Saab 9-5, Hyundai Genesis Sedan
New Rims

Well after much debate I decided to do new rims. I came across a killer deal on craigs list. They were manufactured by
Enkei Enkei
but were sold by A&L Racing (long since out of business) and are forged using their MAT process. 5x112 8.5x19 38mm offset and Extremely light - 17-18lb. I picked up 5 rims, with one brand new in the box for $250 total.

The rims had zero curb rash and only a few small paint nicks. Only issue was the lips appeared to be stained with something - tried everything but nothing would touch it. I ended up using a buffing wheel and lots of polish and took the stain (and clear coat in the process) off. They turned out much better than I had expected.

Well as 19's I needed new tires (245/35/19) and TPMS. Would have liked more sidewall but nothing larger would have fit) Since the rims are so open and shows everything, I painted the hubs and rotors with a satin high temp paint. I also added spacers 5mm up front and 15 in the rear.

I am very happy how everything turned out but will take a little getting use to. More work than expected and with the tires a bit more $$ than I had planed, even considering the deal on the rims.
Attached Thumbnails New Rims-mb-new-rims-side.jpg   New Rims-mb-rim-2.jpg   New Rims-mb-profile-2-.jpg