Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Tire Issues 2012 C300

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C300
Tire Issues 2012 C300

Hi, new to the forum and have a question regarding tires for my 2012 C300. I've had the car for a couple years and just put my second set of Michelins 225/35R18 Pilot Sport tires on, only got 22,000 miles out of the first set. The Michelins warranty claims they are 45,000 miles but since they rotate side to side and not cross ways like a normal car with the same rim/tires all the way around I only get half the miles. Okay, not happy but now I know. Before buying this set the tires made a lot of road noise.....the Discount Tire place I go to said it was mainly due to the excessive wear......in the centers However, the new tires make just as much noise and they are driving me nuts!!!! The road noise is terrible and they feel like they aren't riding right. Is this a normal, would an alignment help, should I have purchased different tires, should I get rid of the AMG rimes and buy new rims and tires all the same size? Thanks in advance for the help. Pete