Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Leaky Tires or Rims

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 12:36 PM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
GLK250 2014
Leaky Tires or Rims

Our 98 E320 seems to have intermittent tire leaks. Every now and then one or two of the tires lose pressure. It's my wife's car, so she does not always notice this!

We have taken car in to have specific tires checked. They never find punctures. Assume it could be the rims leaking so they probably put some gunk on rim and re-inflate. But a couple of months later, same thing.

Last night, one tire was down very low (maybe 10lb) and another low (20lb). I pumped them up to about 35psi. Then checked again this morning and there was no noticeable loss of pressure.

I was thinking of swapping on the spare rim (it has never been used) and getting the tires swapped. But only have one of those! It also looks a bit TOO new!

Need new tires soon anyway, so going to drive car myself for a while and monitor pressures more closely. I don't really want to put new tires on bad rims.

Question: Have others had same experience with slow leaks, likely from rims? If so, what have you done to correct problem?