Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Rotors OEM vs. Brembo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 10:31 AM

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
2014 C300
Rotors OEM vs. Brembo

In reading some threads there seems to be somewhat of a consensus that the OEM rotors tend to warp. My 2014 C300 has 27K on the odometer and when braking there is a grabbing/releasing feeling and an audible sound. My mechanic says most likely warped rotors on the front, which I tend to agree with.

So . . . trying to decide between OEM or Brembo or possibly Meyle. Anybody have any experiences, preferences with these.
Old 08-03-2017, 11:06 AM

Received 81 Likes on 80 Posts
S204 C250 CDI 4Matic Avantgarde - 2013
Originally Posted by Cardfan91
In reading some threads there seems to be somewhat of a consensus that the OEM rotors tend to warp. My 2014 C300 has 27K on the odometer and when braking there is a grabbing/releasing feeling and an audible sound. My mechanic says most likely warped rotors on the front, which I tend to agree with.

So . . . trying to decide between OEM or Brembo or possibly Meyle. Anybody have any experiences, preferences with these.
I currently have ATE rotors and pads all around with no issues after 10k miles. My mechanic recommended me the Zimmerman but I found a good deal for the ATE at that time. The MB rotors and pads which got replaced by the ATE were made by Brembo.
Old 08-05-2017, 03:10 PM

Received 152 Likes on 132 Posts
2013 GLK350
if your rotors don't look glowing red like this:

It might be worn, but is certainly not warped.

Brake systems need routine maintenance, ignoring this will result in brake failure, noises, pedal feel change, etc. The grabbing feeling might need to check out the caliper pins. A simple lubricating of parts will reduce noise and changing the brake fluid will improve brake feel.

You can't really go wrong with brake rotors, they all eventually need to be replaced. They get worn by the pads and weather anyways. I have used Brembo cast iron and Centric cast iron rotors and paired them with Akebono ceramic pads and never had an issue.