Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Tire Purchase Dilemma - Michelin Pilot AS3+ or Pirelli PzeroNero All Season

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C230 4MATIC Sports Package
Smile Tire Purchase Dilemma - Michelin Pilot AS3+ or Pirelli PzeroNero All Season

Hi Experts,

I'd appreciate some real world insight on tires. I'm looking to change out my OEM all seasons for a set of 4 higher performance all seasons.

Vehicle 2009-C230 4MATIC Sports Package

Fronts are currently:
OEM: Michelin Pilot HX MXM4
225/45R17 91H

Rears are currently:
OEM: Michelin Pilot HX MXM4
245/40R17 91H

I am considering either the Michelin AS3+'s, or the Pirellis, based on reviews from the Tire Rack.

I swap out my all seasons with Pirellis Sottozero winter tires for winter. So the 'all seasons' are not being used on snow.

I live in Alberta Canada. Mostly dry road driving conditions. Heard that the AS3+'s are 'noisy' and that the Pirelli's 'wear' quickly.

Also is there an issue going with tires that are not MO - such as the AS3's? The dealer would have me think at there is an issue. With respect to load and speed rating. Is it ok if front and backs have different load ratings, provided that both ratings exceed those of the current tires? In staggered fitment it appears that the load ratings are different in the AS3's.

Sorry for rambling. Even though my OEM tires are still in VG condition, I find them bouncy to drive on, and am curious how the car would feel with a different tire?

Insights appreciated. Thanks.