Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Which Lug bolt do I need for CLS500 spare tire?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 04:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Which Lug bolt do I need for CLS500 spare tire?

Hi everyone, need help.

My CLS500 is missing its spare tire Lug Bolts and I have a flat tire. Its the CLS500 with AMG Sports package 18'' wheels. I went to the local dealer and they told me that their system lists no other lug bolts for the car other then the ones currently on the AMG wheels. The spare tire is a steel-ie Spare tire. They showed me the three bolt types they have, one was the alloy bolt, then there was a shorter one Part# 990-49-07 and then their was a really small size one which looked like it has about 1 inch of thread. The parts guys told me he thinks it would be the mid sized bolt for the steel spare rim and sold them to me. But he told me he wasn't sure while selling the to me. When I search online, people are generally using the small lug bolt size with their steel winter rims which leads me to believe the spare tire should be using the same lug bolt?

I'm really dissapointed that my local Langley Mercedes dealership wasn't able to give me a clear answer about something as simple as a lug bolt for a spare tire. For gods sake they built a reputation for their service as Mercedes experts.

Could someone please advise me in the right direction before I destroy my CLS by using the wrong Lug Bolts putting on a spare tire.