Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

TPMS issue anyone?...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 04:52 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2014 E63 S-AMG Wagon
TPMS issue anyone?...

Hello,

I have a 2014 E63 AMG-S 4Matic wagon.

I just had my wheels replaced at an independent and for some reason my TPMS no longer functions as expected. There are zero erros codes showing on the dash, and there are no error codes being reported either from the Schraeder on-board TPMS ECU or the sensors.

I reset the TPMS at the shop, as I figured they wouldn't follow thee correct procedure of putting the TPMS in the correct position and I get the "Use current Values as new setting" (or somesuch) message. I selected "ok" on the steering wheel and got the next messgae stating that the TPMS system was monitoring.

This is where the system is stuck... at the "Monitoring" stage. I know I'm supposed to drive over 15 mph for like 10 minutes and have done this. Several times and, nothing. It never displays the tire pressures. I performed a scan off the TPMS system a few minutes ago and there are no errors being reported from any part of the system except a positiion error (i assume from the fact that possibly they put a rear one in the front/vice-versa). Everything I've found online for these cars states that they are position agnostic and that the car will know the position of the sensor (I guess from the signal receiver). Even then, I would assume to get a TPMS error stating the positions were incorrect... but with a pressure reading.

My reader, although not a MB specific one is an Autel model MD802 Elite and can read most systems (No programming) and reading the live data I get everything from the sensors,.. current pressure, readings by sensor position,.. and it's correct as I can adjust wheel pressure and it shows on live data,.. temperature (which I'd love to see on the dash), last adaptation, errors etc... and similar info from the onboard ECU - Serial, manufacturer, current state etc. Like 10-15 different things from them. I am not pulling ANY errors via it and there are no messages in the car either.

Any ides why it would just be stuck in the "TPMS is monitoring" mode?

What annoys me is that I didn't do TPMS but after having this car and adding aftermarket TPMS to my other cars and motorcycles... I feel weird not monitoring my tires every now and then.

Thanks!

-Bill