Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Best all weather tires for SUV suburban use

Old 08-23-2018, 09:02 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
GLS450
Best all weather tires for SUV suburban use

At 27K miles it appears the OEM tires on my GLS 450 are shot. We have very little snow in SF bay area but like many here we drive to the mountains for skiing 2-3x per year. So I would like a good all-season tire that has decent performance when snow is falling.

I spent some time searching the various GL, GLS and tire forums and it seems like people are happy with the Pirelli scorpions. I have also had good experience with the Continential ContiSport runflats on my BMW sedans but never tried them on the SUV. Bad experience with Bridgestone and found Michelins to be unimpressive and overpriced.

Any suggestions??

Please no lectures on winter tires etc. I am sure they are great when you have snow on the ground for half a year but they are just not practical here. Nobody uses them for 2-3 ski trips a year particularly when you have no idea if you will even need them.
Old 08-24-2018, 08:24 PM

Received 139 Likes on 124 Posts
2015 ML350, 2021 BMW X3, 1991 190E
michelin defenders
Old 08-27-2018, 07:00 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
GLS450
4 tires installed are currently $1080 for Michelin Premier LTX at Costco v. $1075 for Pirelli Scorpion Verde A/S at local MBZ dealer (special). Costco offers 5-year road hazard warranty v. 2-year from Mercedes. Leaning toward Pirelli though my local tire shop is a big fan of Michelin