Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Knock sound in the rear

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C43 AMG 2018
Knock sound in the rear

Hello,

So I have a brand new (6000 km) AMG C43. I started noticing two little things with it. One of them is probably a wheel unbalance as I feel small vibrations at speeds from 105 to 120 km/h. I am suspecting I lost a balance weight. I will fix it when I put Winter tires on next month as the wheels will be balanced out.

The less easy issue is I started hearing some knocks at the back like if there was something loose in the trunk except that there is nothing in the trunk. The suspension seems to still be very firm (6000 km only) and I only hear the knocks when the car goes through a bigger bump like a speed bump. We do have extremely bad roads here in Montreal where I leave so I am not surprised I could of damaged something in my suspension already in just 6000 km. The same date I will go for a tire swap, I will ask Mercedes to diagnose my knocking, any experience or ideas what it could be? The car is under full warranty also no issues, and the car is amazing, not its fault that we have such ****ty roads.
Old 10-25-2018, 09:14 AM
ot1

Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts
2006 E320 CDI
Originally Posted by lioha
Hello,

So I have a brand new (6000 km) AMG C43. I started noticing two little things with it. One of them is probably a wheel unbalance as I feel small vibrations at speeds from 105 to 120 km/h. I am suspecting I lost a balance weight. I will fix it when I put Winter tires on next month as the wheels will be balanced out.

The less easy issue is I started hearing some knocks at the back like if there was something loose in the trunk except that there is nothing in the trunk. The suspension seems to still be very firm (6000 km only) and I only hear the knocks when the car goes through a bigger bump like a speed bump. We do have extremely bad roads here in Montreal where I leave so I am not surprised I could of damaged something in my suspension already in just 6000 km. The same date I will go for a tire swap, I will ask Mercedes to diagnose my knocking, any experience or ideas what it could be? The car is under full warranty also no issues, and the car is amazing, not its fault that we have such ****ty roads.
my battery in the truck was loose.