Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Two tire pressure stickers on new car don't agree

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLC300
Two tire pressure stickers on new car don't agree

2019 SLC300, with Pirelli Cinturato tires, 225/45R17 front, 245/40R17 rear.

Sticker inside driver's side door states 33/36 psi, front/rear. Tire sizes on this sticker are correct.

Sticker inside fuel filler door states 30/32 psi front/rear.

Which is correct, and how did Benz get this confused?
Old 04-03-2019, 08:03 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
15' CLS400
I had the same question when I bought my 15' CLS400 back in October. The dealership told me to go by the one on the drivers side door not the one on the fuel door. If found over the years that you should be at the high end of the pressure rather than low because the tires end up wearing on the edges more than the middle. Note: the pressure will rise about 2-3psi when you start driving a cold car (unless you filled the tires with nitrogen).... So drive it a bit on the highway to warm up the tires, then go set the psi to the 35.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 GLC 300 Coupe
Originally Posted by TechSuperstar
I had the same question when I bought my 15' CLS400 back in October. The dealership told me to go by the one on the drivers side door not the one on the fuel door. If found over the years that you should be at the high end of the pressure rather than low because the tires end up wearing on the edges more than the middle. Note: the pressure will rise about 2-3psi when you start driving a cold car (unless you filled the tires with nitrogen).... So drive it a bit on the highway to warm up the tires, then go set the psi to the 35.

After futzing around with tire pressure...settled on 34 front, 36 rear on the Pirelli Scorpions that came with ‘18 GLC300 Coupe...only 10K miles...seems to haul the golf clubs around OK.