Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Zito wheels, buyers beware!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 01:05 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C300
Zito wheels, buyers beware!

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem with Zito wheels and what they have done to fix it? It’s only been 4 months since I switched my amg rims out for some zito zf01s. Last month I rubbed a curb in the drive thru and got a little curb rash on one rim. I was able to get this fixed however I noticed 3 out of the 4 rims have spots all over where the powdercoat is just peeling and you can see right thru the black! This isn’t curb rash as their is no scratches just chunks of black falling off. I have included pictures so any future buyers please check this out before deciding to pick up these rims. I have contacted the manufacturer and the dealer that sold me the rims and both have yet to respond. The first picture is the curb rash pic, as you can see their is scratches whitch is driver error, but the other pics show the powder coat falling off.

This is the curb rash

Old 04-04-2019, 02:23 AM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
19 C43 Coupe, XC 60
The second and fourth look like they have been chipped by debris. The third is a little blury, so hard to tell. Are they warranted?
Old 04-04-2019, 10:08 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C300
Zito claims they use “the highest powder coating methods available”, they did not mention anything about fixing the problem. I had my rim repair guy take a look at the rims, he said chips by debris are common but that doesn’t explain why all my rims are chipping. He said I would have to have all my rims re machines as this is clearly the result of a cheap initial powdercoating