Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Wheels off a W211

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w211 AMG
Wheels off a W211

I have a set of Lowenharts on my w211 right now. I have a friend who is intrested in buying them but he has a 99 audi a4. Will my wheels fit on his car? They are 19" wheels
Old 08-10-2006, 01:11 PM
Collections Ban

Lorinser
Hmm. It would depend on a few things...

1. Are the wheels are hubcentric for Mercedes-Benz or do they use centering rings to make it hubcentric? Both the B5 chassis Audi A4 and the W211 chassis Mercedes E-Class are 5x112 PCD (bolt pattern) and similar offsets (The Audi will run about ET35 or so with an 8.5" width wheel) The main difference between the Audi and Mercedes is the centerbore. The Mercedes has a centerbore of 66.5mm and the Audi has a centerbore of 57mm. If the wheels use centering rings, then your friend would have to get a set of Lowenhart centering rings with an outer diameter to fit the wheel and an inner diameter of 57.1mm to make the wheels fit hubcentrically on his Audi A4.

2. How wide are the wheels, and are they the same all around or staggered? If the wheels are staggered and his Audi is a Quattro (four wheel drive) it is not recommended. The Audi Quattro's computer assumes that all 4 wheels are the same and there is a possibility of having issues if you stagger this car. If the Audi is front wheel drive, this shouldn't be an issue. The other issue you may have if it is a staggered setup is modifications for the rear. The `99 A4 is a fairly small car. I'm not sure how much room he will have in the rear. Most likely with running 19's on the B5 A4 he will have to at least get the fenders rolled to prevent any possible rubbing issues.

You friend will also need to get new tires. W211's with 19" typically run 245/35R19 tires. The A4 should run a slightly smaller size (235/35R19 all around).
Old 08-10-2006, 01:27 PM

w211 AMG
Thanx for the info Ken. My wheels are staggered 9.5 rear and 8.5 in the front. I have a spare set of tires that are 235's in the front and 265's in the rear. His Audi is a quattro but I don't think he cares about the staggered fitment. I just want to make sure that these wheels will bolt on to his car.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:32 PM
Collections Ban

Lorinser
The wheels will bolt on. I'd double check with Dazz Motorsports on how to get the proper mounting hardware for the Audi (centering rings and possibly different lugs). They should know as they are the importers for that wheel line. Make sure you buddy knows he may need some mods to accomodate the staggered rear. 265's are super aggressive on a B5 A4.