Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

wheels won't clear my brakes. who owns the company Lowenhart?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
asdf
wheels won't clear my brakes. who owns the company Lowenhart?

My wheels won't clear my brakes. I would like to use spacers, but then the wheels would protrude the wheel well. I've been told the only way to do it is to replace the barrel of the wheel. I've called a wheel/rim repair shop and was also told that Lowenharts have a special barrel that can only be aquired through their factory, but I cannot find any company information about them.

I did a google search and found out that Lowenhart/Maya/Racing Hart are owned by Enkei but that the number for Enkei is their office for only that subsidiary. I tried looking up their distributor but have found out that Dazz Motorsports has gone bankrupt. What other options do I have here?

edit: I just found out advanti wheels is now the distributor of lowenhart/racing hart/etc and that i need a new barrel. is this something that i can do myself or is it something that a wheel shop has to do?

Last edited by henry47; 03-23-2010 at 03:08 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:35 PM
TR Moderator & Tire God

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
depends on the weather
that's a tough one. I highly doubt you will be able to achieve what you are planning as wheel companies rarely sell parts to their multi piece wheels ... good luck

sorry but, I can't help with this one
Old 03-27-2010, 10:34 AM

2004 C230 Kompressor Sport sedan 6 speed manual, 2013 S550 Sport 20" AMG
I think DAZZ and Black Markt are/were related or the same (new name?). If you go to http://www.myspace.com/dazzmotorsport you'll see. I also noticed Black Markt is listed under Platinum Motorsport's About page (http://www.platinummotorsport.com/about.html). Might want to contact Platinum Motorsport about Lowenhart distribution and parts. Maybe they picked up DAZZ/Black Markt/Lowenhart?
Old 03-30-2010, 09:13 AM

They are long gone!

Dazz is out of business, and is hiding out! A few companies bought their large inventory and are selling the wheels.. No parts, unless they got them from Dazz...

As far as I know, there are no wholesalers importing maya, lowenhart.. they are the same company..

I got a set of Maya lc1 for my sl500 new, for about 1100... Cheap, but if i dent one, SOL...