Wine, Beer and Spirits Discuss wines, beers and spirits, tasting notes, and what is in your cellar
View Poll Results: What do you prefer?
Jack Danniels
0%
Johnny Walker Black
100.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Jack Daniels vs Johnny Walker

Old 01-25-2018, 10:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
SLK55 AMG, E320 BlueTec, ML350, (formerly) C32 AMG, MR2 Turbo, HD-FLH-FSE, BMW R100RS, Ducati M900
Originally Posted by rorywquin
Neither.....never got the taste for Scotch....and Bourbon gives me gout. A project director that I worked for was a Scot and loved his single malt.....result was that we frequently took our client (a major mining company that you all know) to whiskey appreciation evenings..........loads of expensive single malt.....still do not like it..

I've been a gin drinker since the colonial days and love the variety that is available these days.... 'Tanqueray 10' being my favourite.
I have a colleague who loves gin and he says Nolet's is the best. I never tried it so this is hearsay. A good gin & tonic with a double twist of lime is a great refreshing mix but Tanqueray was sufficient to meet my needs for that hooch. Miss Scarlett and I just began a Keto-diet to shed a few of the winter lbs and that will halt my consumption of all hooch for the duration. Down by 10 already. Good thing about 20y old bourbon is that it don't go bad sitting there on the shelf.

Irish
Old 01-25-2018, 10:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 232 Likes on 188 Posts
Shanks’s Pony
What you 'garnish' with depends on the taste / brand....for T10 they recommend a slice of grapefruit, Hendriks - cucumber......etc ..but tastes vary and you cannot go wrong with lemon or lime...

I was recently working in Qatar (again) and spent most of my weekend evenings at the cocktail bar in the W hotel - I enjoy a good cigar and they catered for cigar smokers in that bar... ......being a generous tipper, the bar staff got to know me and were always testing their cocktails on me (free of charge) and because I like gin, trying various brands of gin served in different ways.

Never tried (or heard of) Nolet, but have tried many and always end back at T10. I think it is down to personal taste - I cannot stand Hendriks that so many people like.
Old 05-30-2018, 05:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes Benz 380
Love a classic Gin N' Tonic. My favorite gin lately has been Death's Door, so unbelievingly smooth.
Old 06-02-2018, 04:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 232 Likes on 188 Posts
Shanks’s Pony
where is the option for "NEITHER" ? ;-)

Don't like scotch and JD gives me gout
Old 06-24-2023, 07:58 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
E350
Both suck!