Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

'01 W210 w/ bose system, tappin into the factory amp?? Wire diagram?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2004, 04:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2001 E430 4matic
'01 W210 w/ bose system, tappin into the factory amp?? Wire diagram?

I just got all the panels off to access my Bose factory amp, and it's what i expected, no RCA, damnit, hehe. Anyway to run aftermarket amp to power the highs by finding some wiring diagram for the factory amp? I wanna run my big amp as well for the subs but everything off the factory head unit. Ne1 who has done this please fill me in. Also, just curious, i have some black box that has motorolla on it next to the amp too, can i disconnect that or does it have any other function besides for the V60 phone setup?
Old 09-13-2004, 01:11 AM

2000 E320
The wires that carry the LF RF LR and RR signals that are coming from the head unit (the ones you'll want to tap into) are color coded with the standard colors of modern stereos (white, gray, green and purple). Find those on the amp and you've got the low level signals you are after.

I would leave the Motorola box alone as it probably has some TelAid capacity and other similar functions.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:09 AM

2001 E430 4matic
I'm gonna look into it more tonite when i get home, still haven't found any sites with the actual diagrams though. If worst comes to worst, i can just start pullin wires and see what speakers shut off, cause i'm lookin for an amp turn-on too out of the bunch.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:39 AM

2000 E320
I don't think there is a turn-on lead back there. I believe the Bose amp uses signal sensing and automatically turns on and off based on whether there is music coming through the wires. Good luck on finding wiring diagrams--I don't even think MB has them (if you look in their parts system, it shows the wiring harness but it doesn't tell what each individual wire strand does).
Old 09-13-2004, 11:24 AM

2001 E430 4matic
When i get to doin it, i'll take down what each wire is for and take some pics. Gonna have to just dig in and see what happens.