Does uneven tire tread on a 4matic damage the car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 04:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ml350 bluetec
Exclamation Does uneven tire tread on a 4matic damage the car?

I have a 2013 c350 4matic coupe. A couple of months ago I was involved in an accident and one of my tires was damaged, so the rebuild shop as part of the repair, replaced the tire (Rear right). However they only replaced that one tire.

Last week I went to discount tire and the guy there told me that having uneven tire tread on an AWD messes up the differential, transmission and some other stuff, the current tread on the old tires is at 40%, while the new tire is at 80%+. He said I should get the other tires replaced ASAP.

I was wondering if he was right, n what happens if you have uneven tread on an AWD car, and if there was a possible reason to why the Mercedes certified shop didn't replace all 4 tires?

Thank you for your help.

Also on a side note, since picking up my car from the shop, at high speeds 70-80mph on the freeway my car doesn't feel right, sometimes the rear of the car feels likes its slipping or swaying slightly and I was wondering if this could be caused by the uneven tread or if its all in my head?