C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

Secondary air system pump

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(W202) 97 C280 Sport
Secondary air system pump

Hi guys,

Short story: Cleared CEL and 02 sensor along with secondary air system pump won't complete its cycle. Now I'm not able to do smog. I can only have 1 incomplete sensor.

Long story: CEL came on, had to replace spark plugs and an ignition coil. I reset the CEL using obdii. 02 sensor and secondary air system wouldn't complete themselves. Then, I replaced 02 sensor, but still no luck. Mechanic told me that if secondary air system doesn't complete itself, neither will the 02 sensor. So, I found an air line going from the front of the engine block, through the coil pack, to the left side, was cracked. So I replaced it with a generic air hose from Autozone. Reset it again, no luck so far. Do you guys have any suggestions on how to fix this? Autohausaz has the air pump for $700! I checked the relay it seemed okay. I took the fuse to Autozone, they checked it with a tool that gave a green light. So that's good too.