C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

sunroof problems.....

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 W203 SS
Originally Posted by BruNo
when opening my sunroof lately, with the auto slide function, it would stop halfway, and i would have to push again d switch for it to move all the way. but for the closing function, there is no problem-it would close all the way with just a flick of a switch.
Originally Posted by mtnman82
I'm a proud new owner of an '03 C230k sedan, but noticed something quirky about the sunroof. I'm not sure if it's broken, or just needs to be reset/aligned, or ??? It's the standard sunroof, not the panoramic one.

When I try to close the sunroof by pushing the sunroof button forward past the detent (i.e. auto-close all the way), the sunroof will only close partially, and then open all the way again. This happens with the roof in any partially openned/closed position.

To get it to close all the way, I have to hold the button forward.

I read the manual and can't find anything about this. Does it sound broken, or is there something else going on that I am unaware of? Thanks in advance!
Originally Posted by mtnman82
Well, I reset the sunroof as per the manual and it worked for a couple times, but back to no auto-close. Everything else seems OK - it just closes partially then opens all the way again unless you hold the button forward. Any suggestions?
Originally Posted by BruNo
i have this issue on my C240 as well, resynchronizing wont work either.

my sunroof closes automatically, but when i auto open it, it stops in the middle and i have to push the button again. it refuses to auto open all the way. from time to time it also decides to open all the way, mood swings?

dealer says they have to remove the headliner etc...so i didnt bother...
Originally Posted by FreshTAMPON
no, but what has happened to me is very similar. it would open all the way ok but when i want to do the auto close one-push on the button it wont close all the way, it'll go half way then back open the other half. so it wouldnt close, but if i pushed and held the button it would close all the way with no problems. took it to the dealer and warranty covered it.
Just had the dealer "reprogram" and lube the tracks to eliminate this problem for me. I noticed the front passenger side window did the same thing on auto close so I will try a simple sync per the instructions I've read here in this post.