C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Mirror indicator and seat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 07:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w219 CLS 320- Distronic and Keyless
Mirror indicator and seat

Hi all.
Two problems have come up today which may need my attention.

1. Front passenger seat will not adjust forward after a certain point. It is a manual seat and feels like it is jammed. The electric angle and up down thing works fine, but I can't move the seat forward. It is like it is jammed from one side, as it pulls more on one side than the other. How can I resolve this, and what is likely to be the problem. The seat is so badly stuck that at its most forward point, there is 6 inches from the back seat and about 3 ft from the front.

2. The mirror indicator is not working. I um, bent the mirror the wrong way during a reversing manouver and now it's not working. The mirror is not folding. The electronic adjustment works good but the indicator is a no no. I get the message on my dash to check the bulb. How would I resolve this.

Thanks

Zain
Old 08-20-2014, 07:22 PM
VVF
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts
2005 C230K(sold), Mk7 Jetta
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViIv8WO_VS0#t=466
You don't need to remove the mirror glass, just adjust it to the max right.

I'd guess some of the pins in the blinker connector are bent.

For the seat, have you checked underneath, on the rails - sounds like something is stuck in there.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:48 AM

Hi VVf
Thanks for your reply.
I intend to strip the mirror down to see what the damage is. Thanks for the video, it will help greatly.
To see beneath the seat rails, would I need to take the seat out or is it accessible from anywhere. It's the side by the centre panel btw
Thanks
Old 08-21-2014, 09:45 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
You should be able to feel around on the rail and see if you can find the obstruction. If not, it's only 4 torx bolts, so they're very easy to remove. If you do remove, don't forget to disconnect the wiring underneath before trying to remove the seat.
Old 09-06-2014, 08:36 PM

Hey all
Thanks for your help so far.
Been busy lately but found some time to spend with the car. The mirror indicator was a weird one. I tinkered with it for about an hour, no result. I then bent it the wrong way again and good as new. Odd that...
Seat is beating me though. I looked around underneath the rails for obstructions but I can't see anything. I think something may be between the rail and seat. I tried to remove the seat by taking out the front two bolts, slid the seat forwArd, but it was too far back to access the rear bolts. So I can't even pull the seat out. Is there a way to detach the seat from the rail, then remove the rail from the car? I think this is the only last option I have...
Cheers
Old 09-06-2014, 09:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
No, you have to remove the seat and rails together to get to the bolts to separate them. It's difficult, but you should be able to get a socket in to loosen those two bolts in the rear. That's the only way to do it without ruining the seat at the same time.