C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

2011 C300 luxury Transmission issue:-)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 4Matic luxury
Unhappy 2011 C300 luxury Transmission issue:-)

Hi, I have a 2011 C300 that I bought from an independent couple years ago. The car had a clean record according to Car fax with 17k miles on it which was in warranty. I drove the car and kept up with maintenance using only Mercedes Authorized dealer. Recently just this past July I started hearing a humming noise coming out of the front of the car possibly from the engine, I took it to the dealer and they said that the transmission needed replacing. Wow, that was shocking. So I took it to another dealer just to confirm. At first the other dealership thought that the noise was coming out of the front brakes, so they went ahead and changed the breaks and the rotors, then after all that they called me and said that the noise was still there and the problem was indeed the transmission. Luckily they didn’t charge me for the breaks as they misdiagnosed the issue. Then they gave me a new quote to fix the transmission which was lower from the first dealership. The cost was about 8k dollars which was very costly for me. I really wasn’t expecting this from Mercedes; I thought these types of cars last for long time. The car only has 44 k miles now and I only drive it to and back to work. My luck it just came out of Warranty at 40k miles:-( Anyway, I contacted Mercedes Benz customer service and they said they would review my case and then try to work out something for me. After one day, they came back and said that after reviewing the criteria, the only thing they could do for me was that the dealer would take off 20% of the repair cost which was nothing considering that I still had to pay 6k dollars. The other thing was they only gave me 24 hours to take the offer which I found odd. If anyone has any suggestions for me I would appreciate it. This is definitely a bad experience with Mercedes. My Wife’s Toyota lasted longer than this.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:26 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
First of all you have to learn what is wrong with the transmission---to do that you need someone with DAS Xentry(with road test capability) and knows how to use it to tell you what is wrong(ask for a copy of the electronic and hydraulic test)---------then---

Remember that MB can't afford to dismantle the transmission and replace a faulty part. I don't know where you live but I would do my best and investigate a shop that does that type of work---start visiting the transmission shops and junk yards for locating the who
Old 08-27-2015, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 4Matic luxury
2011 C300 luxury Transmission issue:-)

Thanks for the feedback Pluto. I would think that the dealership is very equipped with tools that perform transmission diagnosis. Already started looking for shops, I just need to find a reliable one. I live in MD. Thx