C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Finished brake job on C230...found something?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 09:10 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230K hatch
Finished brake job on C230...found something?

Guys/Gals,

Just completed my brake job all the way around with Balo/Zimmerman rotors and Pagid pads...great results with only about 50 miles post work.

I happened to find something weird when I was working on the front wheels...I took the pads off of the front left and to my surprise there was no sensor or sensor wiring at all! What was weird about this is there is definately an indentation/shape of sensor having been there embedded in the pad! So I'm pretty sure that at some point there was a sensor and wiring to plug it into...right?

The front right went fine...had all the things I expected to find-fried sensor and plug to put a new one in to. The idiot light went out when I fixed this one and everything else went fine.

Is there supposed to be sensors on both front end brake assemblies? I have a 2002 C230 coupe. Could they have taken out the sensor wiring and all if I took it in for routine service without telling me?

Any thoughts?

Paul h.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:25 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
14 ML350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Paul h.
Guys/Gals,

Just completed my brake job all the way around with Balo/Zimmerman rotors and Pagid pads...great results with only about 50 miles post work.

I happened to find something weird when I was working on the front wheels...I took the pads off of the front left and to my surprise there was no sensor or sensor wiring at all! What was weird about this is there is definately an indentation/shape of sensor having been there embedded in the pad! So I'm pretty sure that at some point there was a sensor and wiring to plug it into...right?

The front right went fine...had all the things I expected to find-fried sensor and plug to put a new one in to. The idiot light went out when I fixed this one and everything else went fine.

Is there supposed to be sensors on both front end brake assemblies? I have a 2002 C230 coupe. Could they have taken out the sensor wiring and all if I took it in for routine service without telling me?

Any thoughts?

Paul h.

You have only one sensor in your passenger side. It is like that from the factory...
Old 10-07-2004, 10:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honda Grom
if you do a search I remember that this has been discussed a few times. There was a lot more info about this as well. HTH