C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Creaking driver seat noise GONE!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 02:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 200 Likes on 139 Posts
'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'15 GLA250,'07 Honda Odyssey, '18 GLE 43
Creaking driver seat noise GONE!

You cannot imagine what kind of impact a small creaking noise to a driver can be specially when you are driving a 6 year old car everyday and you hear a nasty creak and every time you hit a road imperfection or from going in and out from your seat. I tried removing the seat, insulating the cables, plastic and even spraying silicone grease on the seat spring and nothing fixed it. I promised myself after I get a new project in my table I will make sure I will trade her in for a new ride as I really had enough of that damn seat.

I had a Schedule A service scheduled two days ago and I vented out my frustrations to my service adviser. I think he felt pity on me and told me he will see what he can do as the car is out of warranty already. The car is cosmetically and mechanically perfect, no dirt on the Ash MBText color seats and paneling, not a scratch anywhere BUT I do have a creaking seat and I really mean CREAKING seat. Everytime I hear the sound it makes me think I am a 300lb person (no offence to the big guys out there) but I am just 160 lbs.

With my surprise I get a call from him and was told that they will fix my seat and will be replacing my cushion and other parts of the seat as a good will. My car is already 2 years out of warranty so just imagine my happiness. They even detailed my car inside out when I picked it up. So now the she is dead silent again and I can hear my x-piped exhaust with full glory without hearing my seat creaking when the RPM hits 4500 as the car pulls my behind towards the bottom.

So if anyone has a creaking seat a revised seat cushion is available for the W204 and part number is A204-910-99-00. So try to get yours fixed. I was also told that there is a TSB about this as well.

BTW...I was driving a new CLA 4matic. Never I will get that car. There is so much lag that it felt unsafe for passing and when the turbo spools it will come out abruptly and if you are not prepared you might hit the car in front of you. I am amazed how better a 6 year old car can be to a new 1 tier down class car.

Last edited by shotgun_banjo; 03-27-2015 at 02:39 AM.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
2007 W204 220CDI Classic Sedan
Your car just had more personality than others. Now how is it going to communicate with you ?.

JC