C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Newbie C300 4matic owner questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 09:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2015MB C300 4matic, Lexus NX
Newbie C300 4matic owner questions

Long time forum visitor, finally join the MB family, got a sweet sweet deal too good to pass on a 2015 C300 4Matic Iridium Silver- Pano, P1, 18"wheel 5 twin spoke.

some newbie question:
1. the LED headlight - the top jewel looking part - howto turn on?
2. how to add a phone number as fav? command interface not very intuitive.
3. dealer offer 4yr/40 or 45 mi prepaid maintenance plan for $1650. I read the manintenance schdule manual and does see the schedule A, B... mostly consist of checking... really its oil changes, air filter, fuel filter, replace brake fluid and spark plugs. Being a car enthuasist like most of you I think this is a rip BUT I cant find a good MB shop in my area that will do those things separately. They also offer schedule A, B... but at like a 20% discount from dealer price only.
4. Does going to an independent MB shop during factory warranty void factory warranty?
5. What do you use to wax? clean MB tex?

Now dealer experience
arm with this forum's knowledege and dealt with Internet pricing prior to going in - sales rep treated me well - no pressure at all

BUT some weird things I only experience at this MB dealer or all MB dealer? never had this at Acura or Lexus but...

1. They say they will detail car before I take delivery. I dont see a differnece at all. I suspect they didnt do anything. They say MB does not detail car by means of waxing prior to delivery. It is un need! All other brand new cars I bought from Acura, Lexus, Honda apply that nice slicky wet coat.
2. I open the hood and leaves was everywhere. In fact my bro bought a new C300 also - same thing.
3. I pay the thing in full - but yet they ask me to fill portion of the credit and and sign, only anmae address - no occupation/salary portion but I still felt that was strange - we went back and forth for like 20 mins so my wife say either buy or leave so I filled it out. Maybe becasue it was late that nite and we didnt pick up ti ltomorrow so they want to protect themselves but I paid $5k down by credit card.

quick experience with the car:

cross shop TLX, Q50, C300

TLX - always owned Acuras - but TLX was bland - but ok in all aspects.

Q50 - this was my 1st choice - good power,low gas mpg, cramp interior - wasnt able to get a good deal on a Q50S. got a great deal on Q50 base but hate the stock rims.

C300 4matic - most important Wife and daughter LOVES the Pano and interior. The exterior is sleek. command not intuituve for some functions.
CANNOT turn off radio - thats weird! lower volumne or mute only?
The roof cover that cover the Pano roof - it is so thin like paper! afraid someone will poke a hole and prob cost a ton to replace that!
Drives like most people mention here, brakes bit weak imo, kinda stiff even non sport model - mind I have 2 lowered imports in my young days so the ride is pretty firm.

Nice quality overall but there are some parts interior that had hard plastic, and imo the trunk chrome piece and the MB emblem is thi nand look and feel cheap.

NOW the biggest reason that I wasn NOT going to buy this car but did anyways - tire/wheel fender GAP

reading this forum and web images of this car - peopel discussed big 2" plus gap and inconsistent gap between models - even Sport.

BUT in person the gap is acceptable becasue overall the rim/45 series tires compliment the car and its line well, and I have 4 matic.
My car's gap is almost 4 fingers. I was an hard core Import enthusisat in my days - Nissan 200SX and Accord lowered - like less than 1 finger gap! so if I say the gap is ok looking in person, it is of course I wish the got the 19"

Any other gothas and Qs I should ask as a newbie greatly appreciated.
sorry for the long thread but I am excited to join the MB fam.