C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Best price and dealer in SoCal??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 03:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best price and dealer in SoCal??

I am in the market for a 2015 C300 (possibly can close deal by end of month April) and wanted to see what sort of discount can I get on stock car from any of the SoCal dealers? Is it still possible to get $8.5K-$9K off MSRP? Since this week it is end of the month would they be more aggressive with their discounts? Any dealer recommendation? Thanks.

Last edited by mrtrance; 04-27-2015 at 03:46 AM.
Old 04-27-2015, 03:31 PM

E90 335i
Talk to WI Simonson in Santa Monica... discounts they offered me on a C400 seemed unreal given that the car was brand new at the time.
Old 04-27-2015, 03:49 PM

MB C400, MB E320, Chevy Avalanche
Ive been to MB Long Beach, Encino, Torrance, and Buena Park. Encino had the best on the lot vehicle selection but wouldn't budge from $3K off MSRP. Buena Park MB was easy to work with, negotiated strictly via email and received 16.8% off MSRP at 1.9%, absolutely no issues...
Old 04-27-2015, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by socal400
Ive been to MB Long Beach, Encino, Torrance, and Buena Park. Encino had the best on the lot vehicle selection but wouldn't budge from $3K off MSRP. Buena Park MB was easy to work with, negotiated strictly via email and received 16.8% off MSRP at 1.9%, absolutely no issues...
Do you have contact at Buena Park that I can contact directly? By the way what was the MSRP of your car? Thanks.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by bwoodbmw
Talk to WI Simonson in Santa Monica... discounts they offered me on a C400 seemed unreal given that the car was brand new at the time.
What sort of discount did you get as far as a percentage or dollar off MSRP? Thanks.
Old 04-28-2015, 02:27 AM

Mercedes C300
Easy answer...

Hey Mr. Trance... if you want to negotiate the best deal, I recommend you go Fletcher Jones Dealership in Newport Beach. They have the largest inventory of Merz. cars (in CA). While I was there, I was originally considering a GLA because I was looking for a lower lease rate (trading in my SLK). But I was lucky & had a very open/honest sales agent explained that because the GLA is the newer/hotter model... I could get a better deal on a C-class.

I was not a fan of the C-class exterior shape, but he insisted I take it for a test drive. Anyways, long story short I fell in love with it & I got a smokin' deal! Note, it was the last day of the month-- my sales guy was motivated, transparent, patient, & as nice as can be (genuine)!

949-718-3070

I hope you get what you want. BTW, I love my C300 so much, I created my 1st youtube video-- reviewing it! Check it out & "LIKE" me too...please
Old 04-28-2015, 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by yaya1582
Hey Mr. Trance... if you want to negotiate the best deal, I recommend you go Fletcher Jones Dealership in Newport Beach. They have the largest inventory of Merz. cars (in CA). While I was there, I was originally considering a GLA because I was looking for a lower lease rate (trading in my SLK). But I was lucky & had a very open/honest sales agent explained that because the GLA is the newer/hotter model... I could get a better deal on a C-class.

I was not a fan of the C-class exterior shape, but he insisted I take it for a test drive. Anyways, long story short I fell in love with it & I got a smokin' deal! Note, it was the last day of the month-- my sales guy was motivated, transparent, patient, & as nice as can be (genuine)!

949-718-3070

I hope you get what you want. BTW, I love my C300 so much, I created my 1st youtube video-- reviewing it! Check it out & "LIKE" me too...please
Car Review: 2015 Mercedes-Benz C300 - YouTube
What sort of discount did you get off MSRP? What was MSRP?
Old 04-28-2015, 02:50 AM

Mercedes C300
Total Retail Price: $45,185.00 (sticker)

I think I got $7k off.. I cant find my paperwork! Need to look for it.

My lease is $580 a month-- no money down. My car has all the bells & whistles.

Good Luck!
Old 04-28-2015, 07:15 PM

MB C400, MB E320, Chevy Avalanche
Hey Trance. MSRP $55,705 - contact is Kevin Houston
Old 04-29-2015, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by socal400
Hey Trance. MSRP $55,705 - contact is Kevin Houston
I'm working on a deal right now and the best they can do is $7500 off on a $44K MSRP. I tried for $8500 but was a no go. What do you think of the deal?
Old 04-29-2015, 05:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ML350 BTC & C300
Originally Posted by mrtrance
I'm working on a deal right now and the best they can do is $7500 off on a $44K MSRP. I tried for $8500 but was a no go. What do you think of the deal?
17% off sounds like a good deal to me. I'm assuming it's on the lot so I would take the deal before someone else does...
Old 04-29-2015, 07:21 PM

Does anyone know if all the dealers in SoCal (or even NorCal) are using the $1095 bank fee instead of the base $795? How about the MF? Are you guys all getting the 0.00136 or are they increasing that as well?

I got a good discount off the MSRP, however the dealer is using MF of 0.00166 and bank fee of $1095.
Old 04-29-2015, 10:46 PM

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
2014 Mercedes E Class
They usually won't budge on the bank fee.. Especially here in Cali.. But as far as the money factor you already got the discount on the car.. The money factor now should only be based on your credit and if you have a good credit score / report.. Then you need to tell the dealer you want the base MF being Teir 1... Unless you don't have the greatest of credit.
Old 04-30-2015, 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by BigDeeLA
They usually won't budge on the bank fee.. Especially here in Cali.. But as far as the money factor you already got the discount on the car.. The money factor now should only be based on your credit and if you have a good credit score / report.. Then you need to tell the dealer you want the base MF being Teir 1... Unless you don't have the greatest of credit.
So it looks like the dealer that offered the $7500 discount will not move from his numbers of marked up MF (0.00166) and $1095 bank fee. So I went to another dealer to see if they would match the discount and also go with base MF and bank fee. They came back with the same $7500 discount, however the MF was jacked up pretty high..0.00286.

I was shocked to see it be so high. I mentioned to them this was marked up way high than base mf (even though I have 800+ credit score). They did not budge so we walked out. They then called later on and said they can offer the 0.00136 and $795 bank fee, but the discount would only be $6310 instead of $7500.

So after comparing both offers now they are very close to one another. Just like $150 difference over the 36 months. Looks like I can't get the best of both worlds here. Either they are jacking up the MF or the price. Cannot get both the $7500 and base MF.

But like you said MF should be based on credit score and not tied to price. But in these situation it looks like they are adjusting one or the another to make their profit. Is this pretty normal for Mercedes dealers? Do I have any more bargaining here with the second dealer who is giving me both the buy rate and base bank fee? Or should I just go with the second dealer since it is much closer to home?
Old 04-30-2015, 05:25 AM

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
2014 Mercedes E Class
Don't focus on 2 dealers only... With a lease there are only 2 main variables.. The selling price and the money factor. The best way to negotiate this is to start from the selling price of the car.. Once the dealer commits to how much they willing to give you off the car, then you tell them before they run your credit that with good credit you are EXPECTING the Base Money Factor to lease the car. If you are considered Tier 1. And before they run the credit have them put in writing the deal.. Based on that selling price and based on giving you the base money factor if your credit is good.

Use that paper and take it to different dealers and use it to your advantage. Do not have your credit ran until you are ready to finalize the deal. Hopefully going into this, one should know their credit history & score. You shouldn't be in a rush to make a deal.. Work through the Internet managers online.. Email back and forth and give them the numbers and see who will beat it. You have to be firm and willing to walk away. I'm not sure why dealer is trying to make extra profit off you if you are leasing a car on the lot and the dealer has holdback cash from MB
Old 04-30-2015, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by BigDeeLA
Don't focus on 2 dealers only... With a lease there are only 2 main variables.. The selling price and the money factor. The best way to negotiate this is to start from the selling price of the car.. Once the dealer commits to how much they willing to give you off the car, then you tell them before they run your credit that with good credit you are EXPECTING the Base Money Factor to lease the car. If you are considered Tier 1. And before they run the credit have them put in writing the deal.. Based on that selling price and based on giving you the base money factor if your credit is good.

Use that paper and take it to different dealers and use it to your advantage. Do not have your credit ran until you are ready to finalize the deal. Hopefully going into this, one should know their credit history & score. You shouldn't be in a rush to make a deal.. Work through the Internet managers online.. Email back and forth and give them the numbers and see who will beat it. You have to be firm and willing to walk away. I'm not sure why dealer is trying to make extra profit off you if you are leasing a car on the lot and the dealer has holdback cash from MB
Well I did try your way with first dealer and he offered the $7500 off. Then when it was time to get the lease numbers he used his inflated MF. I emailed back to him that MF was marked up and I would only do deal if buy rate, but he stood by his numbers and said take it or leave it in so many words.

So now at this second dealer they initially offered the same discount but high MF. I told them about it and their response was we are negative 4K on this vehicle and no way we can offer the base MF. But that statement is funny now since they are offering it now, but at lower discount. Seems like we can't win with some of these dealers. I have contacted several dealers and others were just not close in discount or would not offer similar discount.