C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Starting to get really fed up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 04:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W205
Starting to get really fed up

We are at just over 12K miles 8 months old.

It's already been to merc, god knows how many times we picked it up on Friday after the recent fix, items that need looking at:

Touch pad not working
Vibration at speed
Keyless go not working on a key (but works on another)
Front electric passenger headrest not working.

Whilst there, merc called and said vibration due to tyres - needing 4 new tyres managed to negotiate a £100 discount on 4 tyres but also asked them to look at rear led light on the door handle, said they would.

Got car back, Checked and LED not working at all and now display showing needs ad-blue. I'd have thought they might of checked that considering that there is no gauge for us to check.

Keyless go needs a new key as current key is faulty.

I'm now getting to the point I'll be glad once the lease is up. Very much doubt I'll be getting another.

Last edited by Razzyh; 09-13-2015 at 04:37 PM.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:36 PM

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
The Infamous C450
Save all your documents and before the lease is over hire a lemon law lawyer.
Old 09-13-2015, 10:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
None of these are issues that should be difficult to diagnose and fix. It sounds like you have a really bad dealer.

Originally Posted by Razzyh

It's already been to merc, god knows how many times we picked it up on Friday after the recent fix, items that need looking at:

Touch pad not working
Vibration at speed

Whilst there, merc called and said vibration due to tyres - needing 4 new tyres managed to negotiate a £100 discount on 4 tyres but also asked them to look at rear led light on the door handle, said they would.

Got car back, Checked and LED not working at all and now display showing needs ad-blue. I'd have thought they might of checked that considering that there is no gauge for us to check.

I'm now getting to the point I'll be glad once the lease is up. Very much doubt I'll be getting another.
Old 09-14-2015, 04:45 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C220 AMG Line Bluetech.
:

Touch pad not working
Vibration at speed

Whilst there, merc called and said vibration due to tyres - needing 4 new tyres managed to negotiate a £100 discount on 4 tyres.
Sorry, why are they suggesting the vibration is due to all 4 tyres??? And why, if that is the case, "normal wear and tear"?

If all 4 tyres have gone out of round, or distorted in some other way, then I would say that should be a warranty issue. I get that if one has gone out of shape you might want to replace the other, on that axle, to keep wear levels even, but all 4 seems more like an opportunity to make money out of you, £100 discount, or not.
Old 09-23-2015, 09:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2021 MB GLA 250 4Matic
Just a suggestion I had success with dealing with mbusa directly they are ending my lease buying out my car and returning me about 5,000 of the 8,000 I was into the car for.

Touch pad not working
Vibration at speed

Old 09-23-2015, 10:25 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Current: '19 E450 Cabriolet - Past: '19 C300 Coupe, '12 SLK350, '16 E350, '14 C250 (x2), '09 CLK350
Man. My wife is interested in the new C coupe, but all of the issues posted in this forum scare the crap out of me. There are so many issues, and so many stories of MB actually releasing leases which I guess I just never hear about.

We both have last MY W204s and one went to the dealer for some loose interior panels and was permanently fixed easily, and just absolutely no issues besides that. Only time we see the dealer is for service, and nothing's ever found beyond the inspection and fluid/filter changes. These experiences with the W205 would really make me think twice about MB again. To be fair, on the W204 forum though it does look like the earlier MYs in the generation had their fair share of issues.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 CLK320
Originally Posted by MoneyVSOP
To be fair, on the W204 forum though it does look like the earlier MYs in the generation had their fair share of issues.
One positive spin is the new C Coupe will be similar to the C sedan so it will not complete new. Some of the bugs would have been fixed.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 GLC300 4Matic
I know most people only post when they have issues but there are many more like me who have not had a single issue. My 6/15 build date C300 Sport has been a joy to drive and I have not had any significant issues so far. For those getting 2016's and beyond you should have even better experiences as the later builds are much better in quality and finish than the early 2014 builds.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by madmax
I know most people only post when they have issues but there are many more like me who have not had a single issue. My 6/15 build date C300 Sport has been a joy to drive and I have not had any significant issues so far. For those getting 2016's and beyond you should have even better experiences as the later builds are much better in quality and finish than the early 2014 builds.
Exactly. In addition to personal friends I know with 2015 C's, who are completely happy, there are 5 C300's in my parking garage level in my condo. I know each one who owns one and they've had no issues. Well, one did complain he thought there was too much wind noise over 70mph, but the dealer applied something which he said made the wind noise go away.

I have no fears my 2016 will have any issues.
Old 09-24-2015, 04:03 PM

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
EQC 4matic AMG line Premium Plus replacing S213 220d 4matic with airmatic
From my experience with a 250 diesel estate april 2015 built in bremen these cars are well designed and well put together so rbrylaw i think your confidence is sensible. I did have a silly problem with the glue failing on the drivers seat back clips quickly and permanently resolved by my dealer. I was cross at the time but nothing is perfect the robot was probably just reaching empty as my clips went through.....

The wind noise issue is something that seems to have taken on a life of its own. In certain weather conditions you can hear the wind outside the car but it is not a case of seals letting in noise in my case, more the car is quieter than previous cars so the air movement around the car is more prominent. Now whether acoustic glass and amendments to seals can cut this i am not sure. I do know mercedes france seem to offer some sort of additional seal as this cropped up in conversation when i was in the garage this week on another matter ( a distressing accident causing superficial damage) and i will investigate when the car is in next week for the body repairs.

No trouble with jerky changes on the 7tronic box and everything else works as it should. Overall i am very pleased with my car the best i have ever owned and the most advanced enginered. I just hope mercedes have been honest with the testing results for the 250 diesel engine......
Old 09-24-2015, 04:08 PM

Location: Her Majesty's Glorious Midlands of the United Kingdom of Great Britain
2015 C220 AMG Premium Plus Estate (S205)
Mine's lousy. Can't wait till it goes back. So much so, I've taken a new client with work that will mean I don't have to drive much for the last year on the lease.

Not through faults, although it has some, just really poor design. It's uncomfortable, noisy, and the COMAND is a case study in how not to do software usability.

It's only saving grace is it looks pretty, but that's not worth £750 a month.
Old 09-24-2015, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
Originally Posted by bensales
Mine's lousy. Can't wait till it goes back. So much so, I've taken a new client with work that will mean I don't have to drive much for the last year on the lease.

Not through faults, although it has some, just really poor design. It's uncomfortable, noisy, and the COMAND is a case study in how not to do software usability.

It's only saving grace is it looks pretty, but that's not worth £750 a month.
Dear god why does it cost that much? I'm paying less than half that and it bugs me.
Old 09-24-2015, 04:18 PM

Location: Her Majesty's Glorious Midlands of the United Kingdom of Great Britain
2015 C220 AMG Premium Plus Estate (S205)
Originally Posted by ManiacGT
Dear god why does it cost that much? I'm paying less than half that and it bugs me.
My company car scheme takes the wee-wee a touch[1]. In fairness, that comes off my gross, but it's still way more than the car is worth. I got a flyer from HA Fox Jaguar this morning offering me a 3.0d Portfolio XF saloon (so that's top of the range) for 599 down and 599 a month.

I wouldn't feel so bad about the monthly if the car actually felt like a £40,000 car, but it genuinely feels and is built no better than the Ford Mondeo I had a couple of years ago.

[1] Although it does include breakdown, insurance for multiple drivers, tax, servicing, and no mileage limits.
Old 09-24-2015, 04:24 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2018 E300 Lux, 2006 Corvette Z51, 2015 Mercedes ML350 (wife's)
Originally Posted by madmax
Same here. Love the car, would buy another in a heartbeat.