C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Garmin Map Pilot shows wrong position

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 06:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w205
Garmin Map Pilot shows wrong position

As of last Wednesday, without any waring, Garmin Map Pilot ofmy C200 shows wrong GPS positon. Sometimes, just for a few seconds only, itworks properly and jumps back to incorrect working. According to theMercedes-Benz Download Manager the Garmin SD card is up to date (Map: 2014 V2.0Europe, Software: V6.0, SW 28.18, Build 16/03.00). Reset of the unit (pushingON-button for 10 sec) did not help. Reset of the entire unit to the factorysettings did not resolve the issue as well.

Is anybody else facing the same problem?

Any idea what the cause of the problem can be?

Any suggestion where the GPS antenna is located so I cantake a look at?
Old 05-24-2016, 12:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 C450 AMG Sport
I've not had that experience, but I did own an Android cell phone a few years back that insisted my GPS position was in Virginia, despite me being in Western New York. I tried setting the "Home" location, resetting the phone, etc. but eventually, it would still put me back in Virginia. Unfortunately, the solution for me was to replace the phone. I don't think you'll want to be doing that with the C200...
Old 05-24-2016, 05:07 PM

w205
Originally Posted by AMG_BUFF
Unfortunately, the solution for me was to replace the phone. I don't think you'll want to be doing that with the C200...

Yes, you are right!
Old 05-24-2016, 05:19 PM

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
c300
Originally Posted by kak2s
As of last Wednesday, without any waring, Garmin Map Pilot ofmy C200 shows wrong GPS positon. Sometimes, just for a few seconds only, itworks properly and jumps back to incorrect working. According to theMercedes-Benz Download Manager the Garmin SD card is up to date (Map: 2014 V2.0Europe, Software: V6.0, SW 28.18, Build 16/03.00). Reset of the unit (pushingON-button for 10 sec) did not help. Reset of the entire unit to the factorysettings did not resolve the issue as well.

Is anybody else facing the same problem?

Any idea what the cause of the problem can be?

Any suggestion where the GPS antenna is located so I cantake a look at?
Nah, don't do anything or you might make things worse. It will straighten itself out after a week or 2. I've run into this before and posted it here a while back. See my video.
Old 05-24-2016, 05:51 PM

w205
Originally Posted by huyuci
Nah, don't do anything or you might make things worse. It will straighten itself out after a week or 2. I've run into this before and posted it here a while back. See my video.
Yes, this looks like the problem I'm facing. Did you go to the dealer and, if yes, what did he do/say?

I have an appointment with my dealear next Wednesday but, to be honest, I'm afraid they are not able to fix such problems.
Old 05-24-2016, 06:50 PM

c300
Yes, this looks like the problem I'm facing. Did you go to the dealer and, if yes, what did he do/say?

I have an appointment with my dealear next Wednesday but, to be honest, I'm afraid they are not able to fix such problems.
Like I said, let it straighten itself out. Give it a week or two. I didn't have to do anything. It just came back to normal. So, after 2 weeks and it's still like that, then take it to the dealer. Or you might be just wasting your time waiting at the dealer. My last experience at the dealer was so horrible that I try to avoid going there unless I absolutely have to.
Old 05-25-2016, 05:32 AM

w205
Like I said, let it straighten itself out

It is unbelievable but this morning after +/- 10 min of incorrect working it has indeed straightened itself out and has worked properly until I switched it off upon arriving ( = for 30 min at least). Very strange! As of now I’llwatch my Map Pilot very closely.

But the most important question is: what has caused the problem and will the problem recur?????

Last edited by kak2s; 05-25-2016 at 02:52 PM.
Old 05-26-2016, 04:09 AM

c300
It is unbelievable but this morning after +/- 10 min of incorrect working it has indeed straightened itself out and has worked properly until I switched it off upon arriving ( = for 30 min at least). Very strange! As of now I’llwatch my Map Pilot very closely.

But the most important question is: what has caused the problem and will the problem recur?????
It doesn't matter what caused the problem. The most important thing is you're not having that problem anymore. And no, most likely it won't happen again.
Old 05-31-2016, 06:47 PM

w205
It doesn't matter what caused the problem. The most important thing is you're not having that problem anymore. And no, most likely it won't happen again.

Today the problem has returned for 10 minutes at least and it has disappeared when I began playing with the left mirror....