C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

620 WHP C63!!!! Dyno inside!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 12:48 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
620 WHP C63!!!! Dyno inside!

KLEEMANN USA, the exclusive North American distributor for Xtra-Power is now offering M156 Supercharger systems for all 63 AMG cars including the SLS! Xtra-Power Superchargers are $19K for all 63 AMG cars except the SLS, which is wildly different. SLS systems are $29K and make 650 WHP on an otherwise stock engine. For a limited time, KLEEMANN USA is offering FREE installation at our Colorado HQ for ALL M156 systems. SLS requires a lead-time of 4 weeks- all others are available NOW!

Test Car: 2009 C63. Xtra-Power Supercharger, MHP catless Long-Tube headers. The black line on the dyno shows wheel HP, the red line is uncorrected crank HP. Corrected crank HP is about 707!! Enjoy!!
Attached Thumbnails 620 WHP C63!!!! Dyno inside!-c63-wheel.jpg  
Old 03-25-2011, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
$19k............
Old 03-25-2011, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ
$19k............
$19K ill wait till the new C amg comes out with twin snails

sick gain tho that is truly amazing
Old 03-25-2011, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 c63, 2010 E63
good stuff, now take it to the track...lets see if it produces in the real world.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
What's the AFR?

Very impressive numbers. The car must be a beast.

The blower company really had an SLS to do testing on? Hard to believe, but I suppose someone out there with an SLS would want a blower.

Last edited by SonnyakaPig; 03-25-2011 at 01:24 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG Coupe P31
Is something on fire? No thats just my transmission
Old 03-25-2011, 01:51 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig
What's the AFR?

Very impressive numbers. The car must be a beast.

The blower company really had an SLS to do testing on? Hard to believe, but I suppose someone out there with an SLS would want a blower.
Yup, there's one SLS test car that has one already. 656 to the wheels with just the SC system.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by Cory @ Kleemann
KLEEMANN USA, the exclusive North American distributor for Xtra-Power is now offering M156 Supercharger systems for all 63 AMG cars including the SLS! Xtra-Power Superchargers are $19K for all 63 AMG cars except the SLS, which is wildly different. SLS systems are $29K and make 650 WHP on an otherwise stock engine. For a limited time, KLEEMANN USA is offering FREE installation at our Colorado HQ for ALL M156 systems. SLS requires a lead-time of 4 weeks- all others are available NOW!

Test Car: 2009 C63. Xtra-Power Supercharger, MHP catless Long-Tube headers. The black line on the dyno shows wheel HP, the red line is uncorrected crank HP. Corrected crank HP is about 707!! Enjoy!!

could it be the trans that the c63 are losing so much power compared to the SLS,
is the C63 a P31 car?
Old 03-25-2011, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Is the owner a member here on MBW?
Old 03-25-2011, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Yup, there's one SLS test car that has one already. 656 to the wheels with just the SC system.
That's one very special SLS. I'll keep my ears open when I see one drive by... I'll be looking for the whine. jk

Very cool.

I must admit, I didn't think the company was real. So, I have to put my foot in my mouth.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts
'08 C63 Estate
Amazing gains!
Old 03-25-2011, 02:15 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by mthis
could it be the trans that the c63 are losing so much power compared to the SLS,
is the C63 a P31 car?
The C63 test car was a standard 2009 non-P31 car. It does have an ECU tune to allow for full throttle opening, VS. a standard C63 though- pretty much has to to achieve that much power.

The SLS has a completely different intake system, so the SC system is also very different. The SLS allows the use of a much larger intercooler, which is one reason just the SC on an SLS makes so much more power.

Here's a youtube vid of the SLS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LktEaKXQbVE

The owner of the C63 is not an MBW member, as far as I know. I'll see if we can't get him to join and post his impressions.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:16 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by olszowa12
Amazing gains!
Indeed!

I love your wagon- wish they sold them here....
Old 03-25-2011, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
^ Wouldn't the difference also have to do with the cams and the transmissions. The SLS should make more power with more aggressive cams and its trans is probably more efficient?

Intercooler can help keep IAT's down and in effect enable the car to keep timing up during hard driving and hot temps, but an intercooler in itself shouldn't account for a power increase.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:52 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Intercooler can help keep IAT's down and in effect enable the car to keep timing up during hard driving and hot temps, but an intercooler in itself shouldn't account for a power increase.
I'm afraid that's just not true. Air density is everything when it comes to power production, so using a more efficient intercooler does indeed have a direct effect on how much power the car will make. The differences between the SLS intercooler and the "standard" 63 intercooler are significant.

It's the same principle with turbo cars- say you run 23 PSI of boost on a tiny K03 turbo. You'd actually make more power with less boost by going with a larger turbo, and that has everything to do with air density.

The Transmission might have slightly lower parasitic loss, but it's certainly not a significant difference. CF drive shaft also helps since it's lighter, but again, not a significant difference. Cams follow the same line of thinking- they're certainly more aggressive, but it's not going to account for any significant difference.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts
'08 C63 Estate
Indeed!

I love your wagon- wish they sold them here....

haha thank you
Stay on topic
Old 03-25-2011, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
I'm afraid that's just not true. Air density is everything when it comes to power production, so using a more efficient intercooler does indeed have a direct effect on how much power the car will make. The differences between the SLS intercooler and the "standard" 63 intercooler are significant.

It's the same principle with turbo cars- say you run 23 PSI of boost on a tiny K03 turbo. You'd actually make more power with less boost by going with a larger turbo, and that has everything to do with air density.

The Transmission might have slightly lower parasitic loss, but it's certainly not a significant difference. CF drive shaft also helps since it's lighter, but again, not a significant difference. Cams follow the same line of thinking- they're certainly more aggressive, but it's not going to account for any significant difference.
Does this system use liquid cooling?

The difference in hp between the SLS and the C63 is only 30 whp. That's not a lot.

I would bet the cams alone could almost account for that difference, since the cams are really what helps the stock SLS make more power than say, an E63.

Add in the C/F drive shaft and the more efficient trans, and you can see how the 30 extra whp is acheived. With this low amount of boost, air density wouldn't really change from an intercooler.

Even if this system is liquid cooled, liquid cooling doesn't really start to show it's worth until you up the boost, way past where this system is at.

Just my opinion.

Edit: Also, the SLS has forged internals. It's possible the SLS is running a little leaner. That's why I asked about AFR. There are numerous reasons why the SLS makes more power with this blower.

What is the psi for the C63 and the SLS?

Last edited by SonnyakaPig; 03-25-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:23 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
e63s edition 1
Remember they are still running stock compression rations… so air density plays a much larger role at even a low 5 - 8 psi//
Old 03-25-2011, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by sighting
Remember they are still running stock compression rations… so air density plays a much larger role at even a low 5 - 8 psi//
That may be so, but on a twin screw the intercoolers are either right above or below the rotors. There's only so much room to increase the size of the intercooler.

With the minimal difference in whp from the SLS and the C63 and the other power making factors like cams, drive shaft, and trans, and intercooler (I suppose), it seems unreasonable to find the intercooler to be the main reason for the difference in powere.

Also, the hear exchanger plays a role but again we're talking 30 whp difference.

And, I don't even know if the SLS blower is set to the same boost as the C63. 2psi can easily make 30 whp.

Edit: how does the C63 make 707 crank hp? With a 18% drivetrain loss, the crank hp should read 756, give or take. As it stands, the drivetrain loss for this C63 is less than 12.5 %.

Last edited by SonnyakaPig; 03-25-2011 at 07:08 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
How much boost for the C63 setup and for the SLS?

Seems like it's running more boost than the Weistec system.

I don't know. A company comes out with a blower for an SLS and all that is provided is a small post on MBWorld.

The 63 cars are as cool as they come when it comes to N/A cars. So, blowers aren't really the biggest part of the aftermarket. If there were more companies making blowers for the cars and a lot more people were installing them, these questions would really be standard and pretty much anticipated.

If I was going to buy a 19K blower for my car I would want to know a lot of details.

Last edited by SonnyakaPig; 03-25-2011 at 07:02 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Why would you need details you own an mb you should over pay for something just because you must have money!! 19k and free install that should include a week vacation for the family.. And free gas for a year

How much boost for the C63 setup and for the SLS?

Seems like it's running more boost than the Weistec system.

I don't know. A company comes out with a blower for an SLS and all that is provided is a small post on MBWorld.

The 63 cars are as cool as they come when it comes to N/A cars. So, blowers aren't really the biggest part of the aftermarket. If there were more companies making blowers for the cars and a lot more people were installing them, these questions would really be standard and pretty much anticipated.

If I was going to buy a 19K blower for my car I would want to know a lot of details.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Haters crazy
Nice!! But 19k OUCH lol
Old 03-26-2011, 08:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 Ultima GTR
What you described is more to do with flow than density.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:03 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Does this system use liquid cooling?

The difference in hp between the SLS and the C63 is only 30 whp. That's not a lot.

I would bet the cams alone could almost account for that difference, since the cams are really what helps the stock SLS make more power than say, an E63.

Add in the C/F drive shaft and the more efficient trans, and you can see how the 30 extra whp is acheived. With this low amount of boost, air density wouldn't really change from an intercooler.

Even if this system is liquid cooled, liquid cooling doesn't really start to show it's worth until you up the boost, way past where this system is at.

Just my opinion.

Edit: Also, the SLS has forged internals. It's possible the SLS is running a little leaner. That's why I asked about AFR. There are numerous reasons why the SLS makes more power with this blower.

What is the psi for the C63 and the SLS?
You are forgetting the C is not stock, it has a tune and LT's...
SLS is stock aside from the blower
Old 03-26-2011, 10:09 AM

C 63 fully loaded

What´s the torque rated at? Is it possible to reduce torque (for transmission survival) but still keep the mighty whp?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 620 WHP C63!!!! Dyno inside!