Oil leakage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 01:39 AM
FBG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63
Oil leakage

Team, I got a problem. My check oil light came on and I checked the dipstick. Oil was below the two red tabs, so a independant mechanic added 1/4 quart of oil. Several days later the message - check oil at next refueling - came on and another 1/4 quart was added. Light went away. Several days later, today, another quart was added. Each time before oil was added the dipstick was checked and at no point was the level over 1/3 of the way past the bottom red tab. Today on the way home after heavy traffic, the engine light came on and I checked it when I got home. The oil cap was still screwed on but there was oil leakage around the cap and a little on the engine cover. Obviously I am going to take it in to the dealer on monday but I figured I would ask the group what they thought was the problem so when I go into the dealer they don't turn it around. By the way the car has 6600 miles.
Old 04-09-2011, 03:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Definitely doesn't sound normal, haven't experienced this problem but have gotten the check engine oil message numerous times.
Have the dealer check it out.

btw is there oil on the floor after the car is parked?

Last edited by _AMG_; 04-09-2011 at 03:34 AM.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:25 AM
FBG

2011 C63
Thanks for the response. There does not appear to be oil on the garage floor. I am real hesitant about driving it with the orange engine light illuminated. It sucks because the service department is closed on the weekends. Hawaii is pretty limited when it comes to options.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:59 PM

C63 & Mustang Mach1(s)
We have plastic pans underneath that maybe catching the oil. Good luck at the dealer.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
Originally Posted by FBG
Team, I got a problem. My check oil light came on and I checked the dipstick. Oil was below the two red tabs, so a independant mechanic added 1/4 quart of oil. Several days later the message - check oil at next refueling - came on and another 1/4 quart was added. Light went away. Several days later, today, another quart was added. Each time before oil was added the dipstick was checked and at no point was the level over 1/3 of the way past the bottom red tab. Today on the way home after heavy traffic, the engine light came on and I checked it when I got home. The oil cap was still screwed on but there was oil leakage around the cap and a little on the engine cover. Obviously I am going to take it in to the dealer on monday but I figured I would ask the group what they thought was the problem so when I go into the dealer they don't turn it around. By the way the car has 6600 miles.
If there is leak around the oil cap-thats your problem
Old 04-09-2011, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EuroCharged 2012 C63 BS Coupè
Originally Posted by FBG
The rubber seal on the oil cap has a tendency to split. I have had 2 go on me. Have it replaced under warranty
Old 04-10-2011, 03:43 AM
FBG

2011 C63
Simpliest answer is the best?

Thanks. I appreciate all the helpful feedback. The depth of experience here is amazing. It is going into the shop and hopefully the simple solution is the answer. I was initiailly concerned that I over filled. But the oil read low on the dipstick and I only added a 2/3 of a quart - mobil 1 0W-40. The oil is still reading low but I am dropping it off so there is no guesswork.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 515 Likes on 431 Posts
07 E63 AMG, 10 C63 AMG, 07 E63 Designo, 07 E350, 09 C300, 07 C230
To ensure that you don't have a leak, you will need to remove the graphite underbelly trays, to check it out.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:44 AM
FBG

2011 C63
Thanks for all the feedback. I got my car back from the dealership last week and it was a faulty oil pressure valve (L) that needed to be replaced. They replaced the valve and a gasket and topped off the oil and cleaned out the engine compartment. The CEL was reset and the fault code, 0745, was mixture related. Fuel pressure system checked out fine and the car drives great.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by FBG
Thanks for all the feedback. I got my car back from the dealership last week and it was a faulty oil pressure valve (L) that needed to be replaced. They replaced the valve and a gasket and topped off the oil and cleaned out the engine compartment. The CEL was reset and the fault code, 0745, was mixture related. Fuel pressure system checked out fine and the car drives great.
Awesome!! Glad to see your car is back to normal.