C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Please help, slight jolt after complete stop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 04:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Silver C63 2009
Please help, slight jolt after complete stop

No matter how gradual/subtle, or how quickly I come to a complete stop, I feel a jolt immediately after it stops. It feels like I get slightly rear-ended, but there's no car behind me. It only happens in sport mode, not comfort or manual. It started happening last week. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Mods: Tune (May 2011), Coilovers (Jan 2011) and Exhaust (June 2009)
Old 07-05-2011, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C63 amg, Bmw X5,
Originally Posted by techt0nix
No matter how gradual/subtle, or how quickly I come to a complete stop, I feel a jolt immediately after it stops. It feels like I get slightly rear-ended, but there's no car behind me. It only happens in sport mode, not comfort or manual. It started happening last week. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

I had a similar issue, not exactly same but still..I would feel a slight jolt when almost completely coming to a stop, but still moving forward. It happened when the car shifted from 2nd to 1st, and I pressed throttle. It was really pissing me off, so I had it serviced, and am now waiting to pick up the car to see if everything works like they said. They re-flashed the ECU, changed transs fluid and what ever goes with it...

Last edited by Djovovic63; 07-05-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EuroCharged 2012 C63 BS Coupè

Could be a precursor to a Cam Position sensor going bad.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 107 Likes on 75 Posts
2018 AMG GTR, 2017 GLS63, 2019 C63s

That has got to be shifting into first. Does not happen in C or M because the car does not go to 1 in C and downshifts much more subtly in M (on its own that is).
Old 07-06-2011, 08:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C63 AMG / 2007 BMW 130i M Sport

Easier things first: try resetting the ECU. It might be a bug.

If not, take it to the dealer. Or do it before resetting it. Your call
Old 07-07-2011, 11:12 AM

Silver C63 2009
Thanks for all of your input. I guess you guys were right, it was the shifting from 2nd to 1st. I did the easy ECU reset found here https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...set-works.html
Problem solved.
I hope your car runs better than ever after service Djovovic63.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
'10 C63
Thanks for all of your input. I guess you guys were right, it was the shifting from 2nd to 1st. I did the easy ECU reset found here https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...set-works.html
Problem solved.
wait? you actually did this trick and it worked?

i thought i read that this wouldn't work on the c63 but if your problem is gone, then it must do something...

i was going to consider unplugging the battery for a while to reset it like from this thread
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ml#post4738242
Old 07-07-2011, 12:57 PM

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GT-R
Problem solved.
I had this issue from the beginning, a small jerk and clunk while in S mode when the car shifts from 2nd to 1st, and also in M mode. Comfort mode obvioulsy does not do this. However, after the car warms up, the jerk/clunk is gone in all modes when going from 2nd to 1st. That is why in the morning I always start out in C mode until the car has warmed up for about 5-8 minutes, then change to S or M and avoid the issue.

I've done the sneaky ecu reset before and that never did anything?
Old 07-07-2011, 01:41 PM

Silver C63 2009
Originally Posted by nrgy
I had this issue from the beginning, a small jerk and clunk while in S mode when the car shifts from 2nd to 1st, and also in M mode. Comfort mode obvioulsy does not do this. However, after the car warms up, the jerk/clunk is gone in all modes when going from 2nd to 1st. That is why in the morning I always start out in C mode until the car has warmed up for about 5-8 minutes, then change to S or M and avoid the issue.

I've done the sneaky ecu reset before and that never did anything?
I also warm up the car in C mode. However, my problem just appeared recently and was consistent with every single stop, even after the oil temp was much higher than 177 F. That sneaky ECU reset did definitely did something for that noticeable jerk to disappear.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
'10 C63
now that i think back, i remember having experienced something similar to this... if you're at a stop and you'r in C mode, your car will be in 2nd gear... but if you change it to S or M mode, it'll drop into 1st gear... i remember noticing that when it dropped to 1st gear, the car shook... but now i don't notice it doing it that much... i'm not sure if it has to do with warming up, but it could be...

majority of the time i just drive in C mode since it always resets back to it... and whenever i feel like it, i'll switch it to S or M mode later on.