C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Does my car has adjustable sway bar end links?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 07:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12 M156 C204
Does my car has adjustable sway bar end links?

I was talking to the guy who does the alignment/ adjustments (ride height, compression, rebound) on my car's kw v3 system.

then he said if the sway bar end links are not adjustable on my car, it may through off the handle, therefore i don't need a corner balance.

does anyone know what's he talking about?
do we have adjustable sway bar end links?
don't we need corner balance for adjustable suspensions before alignment?

thanks!

Last edited by aznkuja328; 07-13-2011 at 07:52 AM. Reason: easier to read
Old 07-13-2011, 07:41 AM

C63, C300, 911TT x 3, 911 C2 x 2, 911SC, SL65, SL500, 280SL Plus some trucks
The two are not related. Move on to a new aligner. Corner weighting sets the ride height of each corner to make sure the suspension is set as accurately as possible.

This also improves handling by having the car brake and corner evenly and without unnatural pulling.
Jim

Last edited by jspAMG; 07-13-2011 at 07:45 AM.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:49 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

When you corner balance a car you disconnect the sway bars. The idea of corner balancing is to get the right front and left rear wheel to match the left front and right rear wheel. You take into account the drivers wait while you do this. Everytime you make an adjustment you need to roll the car off the scales and then back onto the scales to check the weights. Once everything is all set up you need to write down the weights.

Next step is hooking up the sway bars and reweighing the car. You will notice that all the weights have changed when you do this and what you need to do in order to correct this is have some type of adjustable end link so you can bring the weight back to where it was when all the sway bars were disconnected. By doing this you are eliminating the pre-load on the sway bar.

Everything plays a role in setting up the suspension and there is a reason that they make all these components adjustable. Corner balancing is not an art but 90% of the people that do it to your car are just selling you another service and are not really doing anything. If you want your car set up correctly than it is important to have the correct components to do the job and go to someone that knows how to use the tools and equipment to make those components do their job.
Old 11-26-2011, 01:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
Originally Posted by Staff@RPM
When you corner balance a car you disconnect the sway bars. The idea of corner balancing is to get the right front and left rear wheel to match the left front and right rear wheel. You take into account the drivers wait while you do this. Everytime you make an adjustment you need to roll the car off the scales and then back onto the scales to check the weights. Once everything is all set up you need to write down the weights.

Next step is hooking up the sway bars and reweighing the car. You will notice that all the weights have changed when you do this and what you need to do in order to correct this is have some type of adjustable end link so you can bring the weight back to where it was when all the sway bars were disconnected. By doing this you are eliminating the pre-load on the sway bar.

Everything plays a role in setting up the suspension and there is a reason that they make all these components adjustable. Corner balancing is not an art but 90% of the people that do it to your car are just selling you another service and are not really doing anything. If you want your car set up correctly than it is important to have the correct components to do the job and go to someone that knows how to use the tools and equipment to make those components do their job.
+1. Someone knows their stuff.