Eurocharged Tune Blown Engine?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 E63 AMG
Eurocharged Tune Blown Engine?

Have you guys seen this? I haven't had a chance to read through the whole thread, but it doesn't look good. Hopefully this all gets sorted out and Eurocharged doesn't lose the good reputation they seem to have around here.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...ine-cls55.html

Last edited by xtyper; 07-13-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
pretty long story but seems like Eurocharged is taking care of their part
Old 07-13-2011, 06:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C63
Originally Posted by xtyper
Have you guys seen this? I haven't had a chance to read through the whole thread, but it doesn't look good. Hopefully problems don't start surfacing with their C63 tune that I know many of you out there are running.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...ine-cls55.html
Sounds like BS to me.

The guy is a known liar, and has been banned. Eurocharged seemed to work with this asshat, and help him out. If anything this is a credit to Eurocharged's customer service.

Engines can blow up. Just because his did, does not mean its necessarily EC's fault. By the limited info i have, it sounds like they manned up and replaced it. Personally, I'm surprised they did. That's standing behind your product right there.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2009 C63
I don't know the full details of the story, but I am willing to bet there are large portions of the story missing from this guy's post. That is always how these stories work out. Some idiot posts a sob story online making one of the vendors out to be satan himself. By the time the truth rolls truth rolls around, the story has entirely changed.

I have the Eurocharged tune, and it has been great. I also, know the local Houston E55 guys that have the tune and they also have no problems. I will be installing headers soon, and I will be sticking with the Eurocharged tune.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:51 PM

2009 C63
After reading further, it seems that the egine faliure (i.e. not a blown egine) had nothing to do with the tune. It was a mechanical faliure by a bad cam shaft install from a third party installer. EC did rectify this situation to the agreement of the onwer. The outstanding issues seems to be cosmetic. From what I have read, that doesn't seem to be EC's fault.

To the OP, don't you think it is a bit gossipy to warn everyone to watch out for EC tunes based on one post?
Old 07-13-2011, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Old 07-13-2011, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
I too had a bad eurocharged experience.... so will be watching this closely.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:27 PM

2009 C63
Originally Posted by betrezra
I too had a bad eurocharged experience.... so will be watching this closely.
From what i read, it sounded like you had a bad experience with a MotorWerks install, and it didn't have much to do with EC.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
Its just a tune. How can you mess that up!?
Old 07-13-2011, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT3
Yeah I too read this on 6 speed. He bashed them up and down. Im sure there is a ton of info missing from this story. The stroy doesnt even make sense. Even after all his complaints and issues he brought it back for more mods??? All I know is my car runs perfect and Jerry has been nothing but stand up to me. What people need to realize are modded cars do break. And when they do break you cant just go pointing fingers...

Last edited by Most-Wanted; 07-13-2011 at 09:03 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
Texas - EC is partners with MW here in Houston (same shop). But I imagine EC was having trouble tuning my car with cam installed wrong and the other mech problems.
My build was a charlie foxtrot, until I pulled the plug, and shipped it to Kleemann in CO.

I know EC does good work based on all the testimonials here and from my AMG friends here in H-town. I have no agenda to pizz in the tuner punch bowl

Last edited by betrezra; 07-13-2011 at 11:17 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by Jons95c36amg
Its just a tune. How can you mess that up!?
Whats up Jon.. That's not a smart comment to be honest. We aren't talking about riding s bicycle here
Old 07-14-2011, 12:55 AM

Mercedes C63 amg, Bmw X5,
Originally Posted by Muskoka_AMG
Sounds like BS to me.

The guy is a known liar, and has been banned. Eurocharged seemed to work with this asshat, and help him out. If anything this is a credit to Eurocharged's customer service.

Engines can blow up. Just because his did, does not mean its necessarily EC's fault. By the limited info i have, it sounds like they manned up and replaced it. Personally, I'm surprised they did. That's standing behind your product right there.
First of all if a tuner was taking longer then a month to resolve the issue I would want a new car. Which part of costumer service were you talking about? ripped seats..or maybe blown engine?? Hahah you really are funny. And you are personally surprised they changed the engine they blow up while the car was trusted to them? You see if they had to deal with me, it would be either new car or nothing. And nothing would not be good for them in the long run.
And no engines dont just blow up...especially not a car like that one. Im not saying they never do but it happens due to factory mistake or really smashing the car on daily basis and not servicing it properly.

Originally Posted by TexasEngineer
I don't know the full details of the story, but I am willing to bet there are large portions of the story missing from this guy's post. That is always how these stories work out. Some idiot posts a sob story online making one of the vendors out to be satan himself. By the time the truth rolls truth rolls around, the story has entirely changed.

I have the Eurocharged tune, and it has been great. I also, know the local Houston E55 guys that have the tune and they also have no problems. I will be installing headers soon, and I will be sticking with the Eurocharged tune.
You can stick with whoever you want..but just because you are satisfied and didn't get blown engine back from them it doesn't make you know who's right or wrong.

After reading further, it seems that the egine faliure (i.e. not a blown egine) had nothing to do with the tune. It was a mechanical faliure by a bad cam shaft install from a third party installer. EC did rectify this situation to the agreement of the onwer. The outstanding issues seems to be cosmetic. From what I have read, that doesn't seem to be EC's fault.

To the OP, don't you think it is a bit gossipy to warn everyone to watch out for EC tunes based on one post?
So smartie afterall you did some research on tuners behalf..but to prove what? That the owner was full of BS and he just made everything up? I mean there is insurance to cover things you do to your car so there is no need for that. And are you trying to say JUST cosmetic issues? Its a 100k car god damn it and they matter as much as the car's engine. And I believe the car was in EC care when all this happend...so it is their fault. What should the owner do? Chase and go after everyone that EC works with and gives its coustumer's car?

From what i read, it sounded like you had a bad experience with a MotorWerks install, and it didn't have much to do with EC.
I am wondering what are you trying to say now...?? That its still not their fault? How the f... is not their fault if he gave the car to them? I would blame them even if a meteor struck the car while parked in front of their shop. Once I give the keys to someone, I always assume they are taking full responsibility of the car, so if anything happens I expect the car to be in the same condition before its returned to me.

Last edited by Djovovic63; 07-14-2011 at 01:02 AM.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:05 AM
Banned

2008 C63 ,2009 SL 63 AMG, 2011 SLS AMG
Originally Posted by Djovovic63
First of all if a tuner was taking longer then a month to resolve the issue I would want a new car. Which part of costumer service were you talking about? ripped seats..or maybe blown engine?? Hahah you really are funny. And you are personally surprised they changed the engine they blow up while the car was trusted to them? You see if they had to deal with me, it would be either new car or nothing. And nothing would not be good for them in the long run.
And no engines dont just blow up...especially not a car like that one. Im not saying they never do but it happens due to factory mistake or really smashing the car on daily basis and not servicing it properly.

You can stick with whoever you want..but just because you are satisfied and didn't get blown engine back from them it doesn't make you know who's right or wrong.

So smartie afterall you did some research on tuners behalf..but to prove what? That the owner was full of BS and he just made everything up? I mean there is insurance to cover things you do to your car so there is no need for that. And are you trying to say JUST cosmetic issues? Its a 100k car god damn it and they matter as much as the car's engine. And I believe the car was in EC care when all this happend...so it is their fault. What should the owner do? Chase and go after everyone that EC works with and gives its coustumer's car?

I am wondering what are you trying to say now...?? That its still not their fault? How the f... is not their fault if he gave the car to them? I would blame them even if a meteor struck the car while parked in front of their shop. Once I give the keys to someone, I always assume they are taking full responsibility of the car, so if anything happens I expect the car to be in the same condition before its returned to me.
+1

its funny how the only people backing up EC on this thread and on the E55 thread are people who tuned with EC. Lets see how hard you all back them up when you get your engines blown
Old 07-14-2011, 01:23 AM

Mercedes C63 amg, Bmw X5,
Originally Posted by jacob502
+1

its funny how the only people backing up EC on this thread and on the E55 thread are people who tuned with EC. Lets see how hard you all back them up when you get your engines blown
Haha lol=))) I think the only things they will be backing up when that happens, are invoices to install the new engine.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Djovovic63
Haha lol=))) I think the only things they will be backing up when that happens, are invoices to install the new engine.

hahah. tell me about it
Old 07-14-2011, 08:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
All I know is MW/EC worked on my car took my money and left me with a POS, which I've had to take charge and fix with another shop at my expense.

Until I get a refund for the poor workmanship (mech/tune/etc...) I'll continue to share my experience. If not for anything than to keep another enthusiast from getting the same result as me. Is that not the purpose of these forums?

Do your homework before getting work done on your expensive somewhat rare car.... and then visit the shop in person, and consider all your alternatives, because we are not playing with $5K foxbody mustangs.

And I must add.... the true colors of a shop come out not when things go great and all is well.... but when things go wrong and they make mistakes (which it happens from time to time when dealing with mech/elec things).... but it is how you handle the situlation/client when things go wrong that determines the quality of a shop, and the reputation that will follow. If they make it right, I'll post up as such.

Good luck all!

Last edited by betrezra; 07-14-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:11 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
a car.
Originally Posted by jacob502
+1

You are an idiot on so many levels that it hurts to read your posts.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by chris.bachman
You are an idiot on so many levels that it hurts to read your posts.

Oh really?
if thats the case, why do you keep reading them?

what a dumbass moron. Someboy please shoot this freak
Old 07-14-2011, 10:43 AM

2008 C63
I haven't seen a thread go downhill this quickly in a while.

Feel free to say what you want, but with this post combined with all other ones, it really looks like you're in this for your own good and no one else's. A shop ****ed up your stuff, and is doing their best to fix the situation in a reasonable way. We've all been there ( or atleast most of us).

For example, I had a very reputable shop drive my last car off of a dyno, and smash my advans up. They replaced the advans, and didn't charge me for a tune. I could've demanded more (new suspension, new tires, etc.), but I thought that was a reasonable solution.

If you take the point of view, of "all or nothing", then more times than not, you end up with nothing. Take what you can get, and don't let it get to you.

You're entitled to bad mouth them, but this looks more like a vendetta than trying to educate the public.

Good luck with getting what you want, as I know I'd be pissed if my car had serious issues.

As for Jacob, your argument always seems to be "people that cheap out get what they deserve". Just because something costs more, doesn't make it better. I'm tuned with eurocharged, because besides this guy, they have a good reputation. Also, they're somewhat local, so it's easy to get advice, and settle issues if something does come up. Do I cheap out on the car? My perspective is no, but I'm sure yours differs. You're allowed to make your opinion known, but life's going to be difficult if you're always saying the moist negative stuff you can come up with.

Last edited by Muskoka_AMG; 07-14-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:25 AM

c63 amg
i have no stick in this fire, but the fact that the shop readily admits they installed a simple friggin cam wrong and then blew the motor is all i ever need to know to never go there.

when you get a car back after spending thousands of dollars on parts and transportation with promises of new power youd like to think they had tested their work enough to figure out if the spark plugs and cams had been installed right side up. i dont give a crap whether they made it right or not it sounds amatuer to me.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:31 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
a car.
Originally Posted by betrezra
Texas - EC is partners with MW here in Houston (same shop). But I imagine EC was having trouble tuning my car with cam installed wrong and the other mech problems.
My build was a charlie foxtrot, until I pulled the plug, and shipped it to Kleemann in CO.

I know EC does good work based on all the testimonials here and from my AMG friends here in H-town. I have no agenda to pizz in the tuner punch bowl
Hey Jeff, I think there's confusion on the Eurocharged / Motorwerks relationship. Jerry and Clint merely tune at that location. I'm sure they get business from MW customers asking for a tune but never have I seen Eurocharged send a customer across the floor to Motorwerks for performance work on their car. I know that seems silly for a tuner to work in a shop but not really use them for installs and what not but basically that's how it works over there. I'm doing a prototype supercharger pulley later this month along with new heat exchanger, remote cooling tank, catch can and a few other bits. All being done by Jerry and Eurocharged staff, not MW staff. I'm sure we'll be paying to use the bay and lift but not for labor of their workers. I told you about my Service B at MW and how awful the experience was, I doubt I'll use them for anything again. If you see me there, it'll be over on the EC dyno doing pulls with my new parts getting the tune down.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
I just can't take any more of this meaness...just so mean.

Last edited by ZephyrAMG; 07-14-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:40 AM

2008 C63
Originally Posted by chris.bachman
Hey Jeff, I think there's confusion on the Eurocharged / Motorwerks relationship. Jerry and Clint merely tune at that location. I'm sure they get business from MW customers asking for a tune but never have I seen Eurocharged send a customer across the floor to Motorwerks for performance work on their car. I know that seems silly for a tuner to work in a shop but not really use them for installs and what not but basically that's how it works over there. I'm doing a prototype supercharger pulley later this month along with new heat exchanger, remote cooling tank, catch can and a few other bits. All being done by Jerry and Eurocharged staff, not MW staff. I'm sure we'll be paying to use the bay and lift but not for labor of their workers. I told you about my Service B at MW and how awful the experience was, I doubt I'll use them for anything again. If you see me there, it'll be over on the EC dyno doing pulls with my new parts getting the tune down.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
Originally Posted by Muskoka_AMG
I haven't seen a thread go downhill this quickly in a while.

Feel free to say what you want, but with this post combined with all other ones, it really looks like you're in this for your own good and no one else's. A shop ****ed up your stuff, and is doing their best to fix the situation in a reasonable way. We've all been there ( or atleast most of us).

For example, I had a very reputable shop drive my last car off of a dyno, and smash my advans up. They replaced the advans, and didn't charge me for a tune. I could've demanded more (new suspension, new tires, etc.), but I thought that was a reasonable solution.

If you take the point of view, of "all or nothing", then more times than not, you end up with nothing. Take what you can get, and don't let it get to you.

You're entitled to bad mouth them, but this looks more like a vendetta than trying to educate the public.

Good luck with getting what you want, as I know I'd be pissed if my car had serious issues.

As for Jacob, your argument always seems to be "people that cheap out get what they deserve". Just because something costs more, doesn't make it better. I'm tuned with eurocharged, because besides this guy, they have a good reputation. Also, they're somewhat local, so it's easy to get advice, and settle issues if something does come up. Do I cheap out on the car? My perspective is no, but I'm sure yours differs. You're allowed to make your opinion known, but life's going to be difficult if you're always saying the moist negative stuff you can come up with.
It would've been kinda funny had they handed you a bill for the tune and dyno time like nothing happened..."So, um, will that be check or cash?"

Last edited by Pertplus; 07-14-2011 at 11:53 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Eurocharged Tune Blown Engine?