C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

100% way of confirming PPP and LSD on a C63.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bmw 1 series
100% way of confirming PPP and LSD on a C63.

Hi there
I have been looking for a 10 model with PPP and LSD for a while. I have come across a 10 model which is advertised as having PPP(bhp upgrade) with LSD(private sale). I have contacted the dealer to check wether the car has the PPP and LSD. Initially thet claimed it had the PPP and claimed it did not have LSD. The owner contacted the garage and now they claim it DOES have LSD. I asked them their evidence and they claim that all new models have the LSD. Reading up on some forums had led me to believe that LSD did not come as standard with performance package. I have typed in the VIN no on a website and I get the following items coming up:

P30 AMG PERFORMANCE PACKAGE
471 LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL.

Sorry for rambling post but to summarise can someone clarify wether this car has the PPP with bhp upgrade and lsd? Or is their another way to check 100% if these are included.

Any help greatly appreciated
Old 07-18-2011, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C63
Must be an early 2010 the 030 didn't have an increase in power. That came later with 031.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:07 PM

bmw 1 series
Originally Posted by JeffDL
Must be an early 2010 the 030 didn't have an increase in power. That came later with 031.
I thought red brake calipers were a guarantee that a car had the bhp upgrade.... or maybe I am wrong
Old 07-18-2011, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C63
P31 has more hp. P30 does not. change was sometime in the 2010 model year. if it's the car you want you could always just buy a tune.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
M156
If the car has p30 then it comes with the lsd. If it has p31 then lsd must be ordered separately and it has more hp with different internals.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:44 PM

2011 C63 AMG
Not sure how it is for you guys in the US, but here the PPP is easy to spot by opening the bonnet.

The intake manifold will be Titanium Grey (standard is lighter silver colour).

Inside it will have a different steering wheel with Alcantara trim.

Outside the boot lid spoiler is carbon, and the calipers are red. And if you're really eagle eyed the brake disc (rotors) will be different as well.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:14 PM

bmw 1 series
Smile

Originally Posted by Tackleberry
Not sure how it is for you guys in the US, but here the PPP is easy to spot by opening the bonnet.

The intake manifold will be Titanium Grey (standard is lighter silver colour).

Inside it will have a different steering wheel with Alcantara trim.

Outside the boot lid spoiler is carbon, and the calipers are red. And if you're really eagle eyed the brake disc (rotors) will be different as well.
You see the car has the features you mentioned. Red calipers, black spoiler etc. Which is why i am confused as to this p31 vs p30. Does your car have the p31 listed in specs or is it p30?

Btw i am also from uk!
Old 07-18-2011, 05:47 PM

2011 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by eyeofthetiger
You see the car has the features you mentioned. Red calipers, black spoiler etc. Which is why i am confused as to this p31 vs p30. Does your car have the p31 listed in specs or is it p30?

Btw i am also from uk!
The Performance Pack Plus is listed as the P30 on the options list. If your car has the those items on it, then thats what it will be.

Mine was brand new on 23rd December last year amd I specced it with the P30 PPP.

As for the LSD it is listed as option number 471. This can be confirmed on the original build list the should have come with the car from new. Or the supplying dealer should and indeed would have record of this.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:59 PM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W204
Take it for a drift to see if you can make perfect donuts.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:01 AM

2010 C63 AMG P31
Hi there
I have been looking for a 10 model with PPP and LSD for a while. I have come across a 10 model which is advertised as having PPP(bhp upgrade) with LSD(private sale). I have contacted the dealer to check wether the car has the PPP and LSD. Initially thet claimed it had the PPP and claimed it did not have LSD. The owner contacted the garage and now they claim it DOES have LSD. I asked them their evidence and they claim that all new models have the LSD. Reading up on some forums had led me to believe that LSD did not come as standard with performance package. I have typed in the VIN no on a website and I get the following items coming up:

P30 AMG PERFORMANCE PACKAGE
471 LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL.

Sorry for rambling post but to summarise can someone clarify wether this car has the PPP with bhp upgrade and lsd? Or is their another way to check 100% if these are included.

Any help greatly appreciated
The Performance package for 08 to early '10 models do include the LSD (except for a few released in '08). The giveaway for a C63 which has been specced with the P30 kit is its alcantara steering wheel (and ultra hard suspension) and the lack of red brake calipers/cf spoiler.

The performance package plus that replaced the PP in the latter half of the '10 models no longer came with LSD as standard. The LSD became a standalone option. What the PPP did include was a power bump and the little cosmetic mods I mentioned above. As such, it is possible that a '10 C63 with PPP does not have LSD. With that said, many of the C63s brought into the US with the PPP package also included the LSD option--presumably because the two options were somewhat complementary.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
Do donuts and look for even tire wear then you have an LSD, if you get uneven wear.. you don't

Simple (okay, probably not the most scientific.. but definitely a more fun way to check)
Old 07-19-2011, 10:10 AM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
1990 300ce supercharged and intercooled
Simply get the vin number and have a dealer run a vmi. This will pull up the option codes. If it has either or both it will be on the vmi. I would think that any dealer could check this over the phone for you. Also if the owner still had the window sticker.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:13 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
c63

Btw i am also from uk!
My 2010 C63 is from the UK. The PPP is listed as p30.
As mentioned, check for the carbon spoiler, red calipers and titanium color intake. The LSD is a stand alone option and not standard.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Absolute guarantee posi test:

Park car on level ground.

Block at least one front wheel

Put car in neutral

Raise one rear wheel off ground.

Try to spin wheel.

If it spins, its an open diff, if it does not, you have a posi.

But then again, it is easier to just have MB run the vin

On lousy clutch type posi's it should take at least 40 ft/lbs of torque to spin the rear wheel. on a GOOD cone style/gear, you will NOT spin it.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:33 PM

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
2018 E43
Hey, is this car in Los Angeles and Iridium Silver?
I saw a PP sale car around the first of the year and it was one of the "bridge" cars with P30 without the harsh suspension but with the steering wheel and brakes. The guy was a movie-of-the-week type and clueless about the car. I found the original window sticker folded up in the owners manual in the glovebox. The LSD was a separate line item on the option sheet. Carbon fiber trim, too. There was a (credit) on the window sticker and a disclaimer about not having the "performance suspension" components.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:53 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
‘14 ML63, ‘11 E63, ‘05 M3
Originally Posted by panzerjager
The Performance package for 08 to early '10 models do include the LSD (except for a few released in '08). The giveaway for a C63 which has been specced with the P30 kit is its alcantara steering wheel (and ultra hard suspension) and the lack of red brake calipers/cf spoiler.

The performance package plus that replaced the PP in the latter half of the '10 models no longer came with LSD as standard. The LSD became a standalone option. What the PPP did include was a power bump and the little cosmetic mods I mentioned above. As such, it is possible that a '10 C63 with PPP does not have LSD. With that said, many of the C63s brought into the US with the PPP package also included the LSD option--presumably because the two options were somewhat complementary.
While this is mostly correct, keep in mind the some '09 models were affected due to a coding error that resulted in a partial P30 package that only included the 174mph top speed and LSD and is missing the rest(two piece rotors, alcantara wheel, performance suspension)

See this thread for valuable information:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...n-problem.html

While I know the vehicle you're looking at is an '10, therefore panzerjager provides very accurate input.