C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Just a modding observation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 11:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63, C300, 911TT x 3, 911 C2 x 2, 911SC, SL65, SL500, 280SL Plus some trucks
Just a modding observation

I got my 996TT back from turbo and intercooler upgrades along with a lot of other goodies, last night.

While the acceleration is intoxicating and the sound with the new exhaust will make you smile, I might have gone too far. There is a point with every chassis where the car has to be dealt with like carrying a full glass of water. You can't go out for a casual stroll anymore or absentmindedly accelerate smoothly into a lane change.

The 996TT is now like carrying that full glass of water. It takes a lot of attention.

I may have gone too far. And since I bought my C63 to be a daily driver, I am going to carefully evaluate just how far I go. I don't need two roman candles ready to go off.

Just a word of caution to those wanting more. You can often get too much.

Jim
Old 07-24-2011, 12:08 AM

2012 ML350 Bluetec
How's this for a full glass of water?

http://www.sub5zero.com/tuning/video...y-record-books
Old 07-24-2011, 12:19 AM

C63, C300, 911TT x 3, 911 C2 x 2, 911SC, SL65, SL500, 280SL Plus some trucks
Exactly. How can you sip a latte with all that fury going on? Its like trying to do the daily crossword puzzle while having your way with the entire Dallas Cheerleading squad. Somethings got to give.

Jim
Old 07-24-2011, 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by jspAMG
Exactly. How can you sip a latte with all that fury going on? Its like trying to do the daily crossword puzzle while having your way with the entire Dallas Cheerleading squad. Somethings got to give.

Jim
Old 07-25-2011, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
Originally Posted by wonsuk_utmb
How's this for a full glass of water?

http://www.sub5zero.com/tuning/video...y-record-books
as bad *** as this car may be , i am more impressed by a customer car with no sponsors to be running great numbers . i figured if i could get sponsered by a bunch of companies , my car would damn near fly
Old 07-25-2011, 01:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'11 C63, '22 GLS 63, Porsches, M3, M4
I got my 996TT back from turbo and intercooler upgrades along with a lot of other goodies, last night.

While the acceleration is intoxicating and the sound with the new exhaust will make you smile, I might have gone too far. There is a point with every chassis where the car has to be dealt with like carrying a full glass of water. You can't go out for a casual stroll anymore or absentmindedly accelerate smoothly into a lane change.

The 996TT is now like carrying that full glass of water. It takes a lot of attention.

I may have gone too far. And since I bought my C63 to be a daily driver, I am going to carefully evaluate just how far I go. I don't need two roman candles ready to go off.

Jim
This illustrates why MB/AMG designed the C63 the way they did, rather than pushing it further. More of something isn't always better, and I'm comfortable with leaving my C63 stock (at least for now). Part of the car's charm is the way it's both raw and refined simultaneously.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:33 PM
SPONSOR

C63
BS Jim,
I think the turbo might need more power......just kidding. glad your enjoying the car.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:45 PM

c63, 11 e350 (DD)
Horsepower and woman, you can never have enough.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8

Jim

Hi Jim,
No such thing as too much power. I don't think you went to far, you're just having too much fun. All the 911 I've have felt like a full glass of water. They just demand your attention. Once you get used to the new power it will feel like a comfortable shoe.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
E320CDI, CLK55, and a Smart

Jim
Who are you? And what have you done to Jim Powell?
Old 08-02-2011, 07:00 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
a car
That car simply needs to be dialed in. There is very little low end and midrange in comparison to all the top end power. Wait till we go over the car, install the right boost controller, get the air/fuel right and set the correct boost ramping at the right RPM levels. It will be a whole different car which you will fall in love with. Right now is not a good time to see what the car is capable of. I know what it can do and how it should behave.

For those who are wondering, we did not install the kit.