Which Wrap for car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 11:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW M3 2010
Which Wrap for car?

Hi,

I have a 2012 C63 Coupe coming in soon and I want to know which wrap and which company is best. My car is diamond white so I want to be able to see the color. I am thinking clear bra but recently I was quoted from Diamond Black Exteriors and they told me they had Diamond White vinyl in both matte and satin Diamond White. When I asked they told me clear bra has more protection and Oracal Vinyl has the thickest films. Does that mean more protection? More information please? I know clear bra would turn yellow after a few years so which brand of vinyl would show or not show the diamond white best and offer the most protection? Keep in mind I will have the whole car wrapped. I heard about premier but how do their clear bra rate against Diamond Black Exteriors vinyl wrap?

Thanks,

- Huang, Yi-Chao
Old 08-23-2011, 01:58 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
07 RS4 sold, R53 Cooper S, 2008 Cayman S, 2012 GTR
Originally Posted by HuangYiChao
Hi,

I have a 2012 C63 Coupe coming in soon and I want to know which wrap and which company is best. My car is diamond white so I want to be able to see the color. I am thinking clear bra but recently I was quoted from Diamond Black Exteriors and they told me they had Diamond White vinyl in both matte and satin Diamond White. When I asked they told me clear bra has more protection and Oracal Vinyl has the thickest films. Does that mean more protection? More information please? I know clear bra would turn yellow after a few years so which brand of vinyl would show or not show the diamond white best and offer the most protection? Keep in mind I will have the whole car wrapped. I heard about premier but how do their clear bra rate against Diamond Black Exteriors vinyl wrap?

Thanks,

- Huang, Yi-Chao
I'm sorry but the clear bra material is hands down a 10 times better material then vinyl wrap. If your using a quality clear bra, then you should not be seeing any yellowing... if so then you have a solid warranty claim. We have also seen many vinyls turn yellow or even fading. Somethings you may want to ask your installer...

How thick is the film to be used?
-Clear bra's are typically 6 to 8mil thick

How difficult is it to clean?
- Clear bra can be treated just like paint
- The Satin Clear Paint Protection only requires soap and water, a spray on cleaner for those stubborn spots

What is the durability?
- A simply test that we have clients do here is grab a pen and try to poke through both materials and see how they hold up.

What type of warranty does the film you want to use carry?
- the Paint protection film that we use here at ACG carries a 5year warranty
Old 08-23-2011, 04:20 PM

CL500
What about getting AD wraps for companies. I was thinking of getting one for a little extra cash but I wanted to know if it can damage the paint either in applying or removing it.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by Miller30
What about getting AD wraps for companies. I was thinking of getting one for a little extra cash but I wanted to know if it can damage the paint either in applying or removing it.

really?
Old 08-26-2011, 01:40 AM

BMW M3 2010
What about for tints? Song's Tint masters with Huper Optik or Premier Auto Service with Diamond Cut IR?
Old 08-26-2011, 01:47 AM

2003 E500 Sport
There were some pics I recently saw that were shots of a C-Class getting wrapped in a clear matte finish over the white. It looked great when it was finished!
Old 08-26-2011, 02:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Originally Posted by Miller30
Haha, blasphemy

There's a nicely wrapped US army car I see driving around by me, might be worth it if it'd get me out of some tickets though.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:02 AM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W204
3M ftw.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:48 PM

C63 Coupe Edition 1
Premier Automotive is nearby so I'm seriously tempted to get my Magnetite Black C63 Coupe wraped in Satin Guard when I get it. Best of both worlds, a matte finish and an 8mm clear protective film in one.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:03 PM

2016 G550
Originally Posted by CaliSun
Premier Automotive is nearby so I'm seriously tempted to get my Magnetite Black C63 Coupe wraped in Satin Guard when I get it. Best of both worlds, a matte finish and an 8mm clear protective film in one.
I'm planing on doing the same to my sedan if it ever comes, also magnetite black.

Better call them now, last time I checked they had a waiting list.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:06 PM

C63 Coupe Edition 1
Thanks for the tip Enochroot, I'll give them a call. i can picture the conversation now:
Them: when will it be delivered?
me: Hmmm don't know.
Them: when will it be built?
me: Depends on what day you ask them.
:-)
Old 08-30-2011, 07:11 PM

BMW M3 2010
Originally Posted by CaliSun
Is satin guard the clear matte wrap? If so is it as much of a pain in the *** to clean as if the car was matte paint? I am sure after a year or two it will have inperfections on it that cant be orbital buffed out if it was the gloss/shiny wrap right?
Old 08-30-2011, 07:24 PM

C63 Coupe Edition 1
Originally Posted by HuangYiChao
Is satin guard the clear matte wrap? If so is it as much of a pain in the *** to clean as if the car was matte paint? I am sure after a year or two it will have inperfections on it that cant be orbital buffed out if it was the gloss/shiny wrap right?
According to Premier ( I don't have first hand experience) it is more resiliant than matte paint. The extra bonus is your still have your paint underneath so if in four years time you need to remove it you can and you'll have a perfect OEM paint job underneath.

This is what Premier wrote on another forum: http://www.luxury4play.com/lamborghi...cielago-4.html
1. Product has undergone rigorous testing since September 2009
2. Product R&D completed as of March 2010 and approved by Premier for our customers
3. Satin Guard is 8 mils thick (there are imitations on the market at only 4-5 mils thick) that will protect the paint like paint protection film (aka clear bra)
4. Satin Coated urethane not only enhances the aesthetics of the protective coating, but is designed to absorb impact from road debris
5. Satin clearcoat makes for cleaning a simple process (just wash and apply approved protectant)
6. Oils, tar, and road debris that typically can easily stain clear bras, will not do so on our Satin Guard - this was our main concern when developing this product. We made sure the Satin clear coat was durable enough to last.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:30 PM

C63
Hi, HOST are you chinese? 加我qq 我也想弄膜呢 271959763
Old 08-31-2011, 02:51 AM

C63, CLS550, CLK BS, Sprinter Passenger Van, Odyssey
I did my car at Diamondblackexterior at North Hollywood. PM me if you want a discount.

https://mbworld.org/forums/clk63-bla...t-b-s-but.html