C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Annual Maintenance Costs ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Annual Maintenance Costs ??

Considering picking up a 2010 C63 with <15k miles in the near future. How much should I plan for the yearly maintenance costs ?? Also any particular common issues I should be looking for before purchasing this beast ??
Old 08-24-2011, 12:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tesla 3, E30, CayenneS
Tires will prob be your only major cost. The rear tires will need to go every 6-8k miles. Other then that its service ad oil change which if you can do yourself you can save a bundle.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
I am thinking along these lines depnding on how many miles you drive this is a ball park:

- I do 10000 miles a year so divided by about 220 miles per gas tank= 45 gas tanks@$3.50 a gallon is around(45x16x3.5 = $2520 in gas alone
- Insurance is about $100 a month so 12x100= $1200
- Close to one set of rear tires $250-$500 depending on how cheap/expensive you want them but probably would need front tires too(add $300)
-Service A or B ($250-$700) depending on what you do
-Registration (to me is always $10 for being in the military) it might vary from place to place but typically is a few hundred dollars per year and decreasing as the car loses value

^^^Those are more less my expenses but it really depends on your location, driving style, choice of tires, price of gas, insurance company, etc . My .2c
Old 08-24-2011, 12:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Philipangoo
Tires will prob be your only major cost. The rear tires will need to go every 6-8k miles. Other then that its service ad oil change which if you can do yourself you can save a bundle.
There is no a whole lot of savings over oil vchanges any more. I have done oil changes in most of my own cars all the time and I really realized that I wasn't saving much compare to the hassle.

The Mobil one oil (1 quart) is about $9.00 in Autozone, the M156 takes what 8, 10 quarts? add the oil filter, then the hassle of getting beneath the car, getting dirty, disposing the oil, etc, etc.
What are you saving after all? $30 bucks?

I mean, the fun actor is always there and it definately gives you a boost in confidence but now days most of us are married with kids, work long hours and the last thing you want is to get in the garage and do an oil change. My car garage gets into the mid 100 degrees(130-140 degres)
Old 08-24-2011, 02:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
The only thing I have done maintenance wise is oil changes, other then that its mostly money for gas and tires.
Its not crazy expensive to maintain considering you drive an AMG.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 C63
remember also that next year you are gonna get hit with the time required xmsn flush. here are my receipts from the last 2 years.
257.7 svc a
424.3 svc b
282.97 svc a
3927.71 svc b xmsn flush brakes. i bought all of the brake parts and took it to the dealer otherwise it would have been alot more.

set of 245/265 star specs is 1240 every 14k miles. rears only are 680 every 7k.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
Your doing it wrong (I love saying that )

Oil changes take me about 15 minutes. You do not have to get under the car (although I do it that way every 4 or 5 oil changes). Go to any marine store, and pickup a vacuum pump for extracting oil through the dipstick (you get 90% of the oil out that way). The pump cost me about $50 or something, I cannot remember, but it was not expensive.

I also have a good relationship with my dealer, who I buy my oil filter and oil from, around $15 to 18 for the filter, and I paid about $50 to $60 for 10 quarts of Mobile 1 0W40

ps for the rest of the questions.. I drive 100 miles a day, so I am putting alot of mileage on my car.. around $100 a week in gas.

Tires, I switched to all seasons (I know, I will get crucified for that by the members here) as going through 3 sets of rears in a year was getting out of hand. At some point, I will get another set of Rims with tires I can take to the track.

Brake flush and pads, easy enough to do yourself, get a brake fluid pressure pump (cost me $40 on amazon). Get your fluid from MB, jack up each side of the car starting with the furthest from the Master Brake Cylinder/fluid reserve, and bleed away. Took me about an hour to do all 4 wheels, and 80% of that was just jacking the car up and down and taking off the wheels. Someone posted how to do the brake pads, search for it, you do not even have to take off the calipers.

Much of the maintenance you can do yourself, and is very easy, and will save you alot more then you think. Brake jobs are the biggest rip off ever, they charge $500 to $1000+ for about an hours worth of work, and charge 1000% markup on the parts.

Cultivate a good relationship with your dealers parts department, and you can save alot of cash.

Of course, if you have alot of cash, then spend it how you like
Originally Posted by C63newdude

There is no a whole lot of savings over oil vchanges any more. I have done oil changes in most of my own cars all the time and I really realized that I wasn't saving much compare to the hassle.

The Mobil one oil (1 quart) is about $9.00 in Autozone, the M156 takes what 8, 10 quarts? add the oil filter, then the hassle of getting beneath the car, getting dirty, disposing the oil, etc, etc.
What are you saving after all? $30 bucks?

I mean, the fun actor is always there and it definately gives you a boost in confidence but now days most of us are married with kids, work long hours and the last thing you want is to get in the garage and do an oil change. My car garage gets into the mid 100 degrees(130-140 degres)
Old 08-24-2011, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 515 Likes on 431 Posts
07 E63 AMG, 10 C63 AMG, 07 E63 Designo, 07 E350, 09 C300, 07 C230
Originally Posted by jvanbrecht
Tires, I switched to all seasons (I know, I will get crucified for that by the members here) Much of the maintenance you can do yourself, and is very easy, and will save you alot more then you think.
I like jvanbrecht, have also made the switch to All-Seasons tires, and I'm not afraid to admit it. it's cheaper then buying rear tires every 6 months, as that was getting very expensive. I also perform my own maintenance, cheaper then paying someone to do it for you. I think that if you do these things yourself, the cost of ownership, is negligible. The only real thing, you would take the car in for is a transmission service.