C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Installed LED license plate light bulbs and now I have an error code warning?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 11:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Installed LED license plate light bulbs and now I have an error code warning?

I've tried searching and couldn't find anything in regards with this issue. Yesterday I installed the led bulbs and it works just fine. But today I get an error code warning saying that my left license plate light is not working and the lights are working perfectly fine. Is this normal? I understand LED's require less power so I'm guessing the car assumes the light is not working. What do I have to do fix this issue?
Old 09-05-2011, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
'10 C63
the only way to fix it is to get bulbs that won't give that error... they have to be the correct voltage or something... or have a built in resistor... i believe there's a member on this forum that sells them...

i replaced mine a long time ago and although i get the error on start up, i just exit out of it by pushing the back button a few times...
Old 09-06-2011, 01:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C63, 2007 X5
You got regular LEDs which will give you error codes due to different voltage. Buy LEDs from AZNOptics, best prices and brightest. He's a sponsor here too. https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ront-w204.html