C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Tips on the order/build/delivery process

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999.5 Audi A4 2.8L Quattro, 2012 C63 AMG (on order)
Tips on the order/build/delivery process

Hi all,
Over the holidays I placed my order and earnest money down on a 2012 C63 sedan (headlight, multimedia, LSD, leather). Apparently, the headlight package has had some issues with supply chain and I was told my build slot would be set in May as a result. That, along with my leather package adding 6-8 weeks is putting me out at August delivery according to the dealer

Are any others in the same boat?

And in general, are there any tips/tricks about what I should be keeping an eye on as the order goes from here to the build-start, the in-progress phase, and the transporation/delivery phase? This is my first MB and also first custom-build car so it would help me to ensure that things are going to plan.

Going to be a long 8 months waiting, how do others cope?
Old 01-05-2012, 07:24 PM

M3 - C63 blk/blk ordered
Dealer showed me the same message about the leather. I watched as he put the options in the MB system at the end when he submitted the order was a notification that the leather was a "Designo" option and could delay the order for 6 - 8 weeks. In the end my order has since been updated and hasn't moved from the original end of January. Also, like you I ordered the light package as well. Do you know what slot the dealer had for the original build? I would venture your order may very well end up at that date.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:44 PM

2012 C63, '07 Acura MDX
I placed my order in Nov and didn't get an actual confirmed build date till late December. My build date is for Feb 3rd. Yesterday I just went to my dealer to add the development package and hopefully that doesn't delay the order any further. I also have the lighting, designo leather, and LSD options.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:49 PM

1999.5 Audi A4 2.8L Quattro, 2012 C63 AMG (on order)
Dealers told me that your car can be changed up until one month before the build. At one month before build deadline, the config locks down and then you can't change it any more (I guess so they can line up the parts as they relate to your car to stage them for the build). Looks like you might luck out if you the update goes through before the lockdown AND there's no delays with development package items in the supply chain. Good luck!