C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

New Owner - A few questions!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
New Owner - A few questions!

Ok, I've had this beast for 5 days now and I'm lovin' every single thing in it. What a magnificent piece of machine! Worth every penny!

Now that I've been driving it, I have a few questions to ask:

1. Regarding warming up the engine, I looked at a few threads here and I found that it is obviously important to warm up the engine especially waiting for that oil to hit 80C. However, can I drive the car? What I've been doing is not exceeding the RPM to more than 2 to 2.5 max. Is that ok?

2. Sometimes I hear a ticking sound. I'm unable to determine when it happens because it happens randomly. Either when I first start up the car, or after a while... I also can't determine the source of this sound. Has anyone had this before? Anything to be worried about?

3. Is there a way to program the key to automatically lock when I'm not within the parameter of the car? Or do I have to always press on the door to lock it? (I have keyless go).

4. I know some C63s have censor detectors for auto-cruise. I..e keeping the distance between the car ahead of you. How do you enable that?

5. I've purchased from ebay a PCMCIA card reader, I already have a 16GB SD card that I will be using so I was wondering if anyone already has a PCMCIA and if its causing problems...?

6. Last but not least, I was thinking of buying some accessories for the baby. One thing I was thinking about is making the grill and the back sing (C 63 and AMG) darker, as I've seen them on some. How can that be done? The car is lease so I have to make sure that it's easily removable by the time the lease is up. (even though I might be purchasing this beauty because I don't think I want to drive anything bu a C63 in my life!)

That's about it. Thank you all for your input and I will be back for more questions if any arise!
Old 02-07-2012, 10:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG Coupe P31
1. yes

2. may just be the valve train...mine has a slight ticking sound also. especially noticeable with the hood up.

3. not that im aware of.

4. that option is not available on U. S. spec C63's. not sure about euro and canadian C63's.

5. ?

6. do a C63 forum search. there are many threads on this.

try this thread (black vinyl) https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...hics-more.html

Last edited by CELLryuu; 02-07-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 P31 C63 2015 CLA45
Wait for engine to idle at about 600rpm after a cold start. Usually within a min or two.
Ticking is normal after a hard drive. Lifters.
You have to manually lock it.
Don't think C63s have auto cruise yet.
You can find many swappable exterior mods on the forum, ebay, and online.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:30 AM

home the point
I can only try to answer the last two questions. I brought a PCMCIA card from Amazon and it works just fine with a 16gig SD but not all PCMCIA cards will be compatible with the car. I have no idea whether there's a way to tell for sure; it's a crap shoot.

You can paint the grille and badges with plastidip or get them (the badges, I couldn't find any blacked out grilles) on ebay.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 coupe
#3 is no
#4 is not an option on North American cars
Old 02-07-2012, 11:02 AM

C63
Originally Posted by cptdaz
I can only try to answer the last two questions. I brought a PCMCIA card from Amazon and it works just fine with a 16gig SD but not all PCMCIA cards will be compatible with the car. I have no idea whether there's a way to tell for sure; it's a crap shoot.

You can paint the grille and badges with plastidip or get them (the badges, I couldn't find any blacked out grilles) on ebay.
Is that the type that I can remove off the grill easily? Or would it be difficult to reverse the whole thing?
Old 02-07-2012, 03:27 PM

home the point
Originally Posted by someuser
Is that the type that I can remove off the grill easily? Or would it be difficult to reverse the whole thing?
If you don't sand the chrome, yes, you can peel it off later. Would exactly be easy. Or buy a new one later.