Lth mhp v3 vs shorty kleeman Eurocharged tune tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 2011
Lth mhp v3 vs shorty kleeman Eurocharged tune tune

Hi everyone

I have a lil problem but it seem no one can help so i need u guy.During 1 year had 2 set up, one was shorty Kleeman header with Eurocharged tune and the other is LTH from Mhp along with v3 tune from Andy.Here is the problem and regret not dynoing when i was stock.I did 2 dyno with the same shop same dyno.Each of them different set up but had less with the Mhp set up more like 415 or 418 if my memory is correct.I know Eurocharged came to Montreal for tune and dyno day over the week end so i waited to see if my number are correct compared to other c63.Now i know my number are low so i am trying to figure out the problem why?? People were having same number as i with only a tune 400-415 hp to the wheel without p31 and there was even a 443hp with p31.I am really conservative but there is a 20-30hp somewhere missing.Could that be the tune??or something is wrong with the car??Oil was changed prior to each dyno day.So everyone help me out on this one.
thanks in advance.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by jakio
Hi everyone

I have a lil problem but it seem no one can help so i need u guy.During 1 year had 2 set up, one was shorty Kleeman header with Eurocharged tune and the other is LTH from Mhp along with v3 tune from Andy.Here is the problem and regret not dynoing when i was stock.I did 2 dyno with the same shop same dyno.Each of them different set up but had less with the Mhp set up more like 415 or 418 if my memory is correct.I know Eurocharged came to Montreal for tune and dyno day over the week end so i waited to see if my number are correct compared to other c63.Now i know my number are low so i am trying to figure out the problem why?? People were having same number as i with only a tune 400-415 hp to the wheel without p31 and there was even a 443hp with p31.I am really conservative but there is a 20-30hp somewhere missing.Could that be the tune??or something is wrong with the car??Oil was changed prior to each dyno day.So everyone help me out on this one.
thanks in advance.
Have you tried calling Andy about this issue? Maybe he can do a LTH reflash.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
i recommend the same thing . we did a commercial , here in town , for the speed shop that does all my work . my car was on the dyno and did one run for the commercial and i got 458whp out of mine . i know it has a little more in it but that was just done for the commercial . your numbers should be a lot higher
Old 03-27-2012, 11:13 AM

C63 2011
I did but it's not free.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:18 AM

C63 2011
Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ
i recommend the same thing . we did a commercial , here in town , for the speed shop that does all my work . my car was on the dyno and did one run for the commercial and i got 458whp out of mine . i know it has a little more in it but that was just done for the commercial . your numbers should be a lot higher
Spoke with Mike Eurocharged they are trying to find some answer for me.I am putting my car at a friend place today to see if spark plug are ok,and clean the filter and double checking all the fluid sametimes.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:47 PM

C63
just so I have the facts right,

Eurocharged tune with kleemann headers made more power then your current MHP tune with MHP long tubes, and Andy at MHP isn't helping you out, unless you pay more $$

you should have asked Mike when he was in Montreal to custom tune it for you !!

Last edited by jobee; 03-27-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:37 PM

C63 2011
Originally Posted by jobee
just so I have the facts right,

Eurocharged tune with kleemann headers made more power then your current MHP tune with MHP long tubes, and Andy at MHP isn't helping you out, unless you pay more $$

you should have asked Mike when he was in Montreal to custom tune it for you !!
Yes my current set up made less,i spoke to Andy asking why but he was saying that the dyno place didnt know how to dyno car and giving **** to this guy(he was sayin there was lack of air).Andy is a good guy i have nothing bad to say about him. Just trying to figure out my problem.Sorry i forgot to mention.I recently know Mhp has a new update tune i called Andy and he said xxx$ for an update.I thought it was free lol.No worry i am working with Mike now and waiting his call.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Have you tried another dyno location or brought the car to the track to see what it traps?

I brought my car to a local dyno once.. I dyno'd 363RWHP. This was with a Renntech Stage2 tune of claimed 511HP.

If you do the math on 511HP with 18% loss: I should see 419RWHP.

Obviously I was choked and a bit pissed off. So I took the car to the track and I was trapping consistent 118-119Mph speeds. That is bang on for a P31/Tuned car, and up 4-5Mph from my stock configuration. So obviously my car was tuned and the guys dyno was just way off or something wasn't right.

I now take dyno numbers with a grain of salt.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
Yes my current set up made less,i spoke to Andy asking why but he was saying that the dyno place didnt know how to dyno car and giving **** to this guy(he was sayin there was lack of air).Andy is a good guy i have nothing bad to say about him. Just trying to figure out my problem.Sorry i forgot to mention.I recently know Mhp has a new update tune i called Andy and he said xxx$ for an update.I thought it was free lol.No worry i am working with Mike now and waiting his call.
i think the reason it's not free is because MHP is no longer using Techtec as their tuner and now have a new tuner all together . just a guess as to why it's not free

hope everything works out for you in the end
Old 03-27-2012, 03:57 PM

C63
Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ
i think the reason it's not free is because MHP is no longer using Techtec as their tuner and now have a new tuner all together . just a guess as to why it's not free

hope everything works out for you in the end
Whether he switched tuners or not, I still think Andy should help out the guy, Its just commen sense isn't it, he was a customer...

for example, you buy brake pads (say A brand) from Benz (MHP), and the pads make noise, and Benz changed their supplier in Germany (brand B)... as a customer of Benz (MHP)..would you expect Benz (MHP) to turn you away and say you have to pay extra for pads..

Andy needs a lesson in Customer Service
Old 03-27-2012, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AMGTECH
Whether he switched tuners or not, I still think Andy should help out the guy, Its just commen sense isn't it, he was a customer...

for example, you buy brake pads (say A brand) from Benz (MHP), and the pads make noise, and Benz changed their supplier in Germany (brand B)... as a customer of Benz (MHP)..would you expect Benz (MHP) to turn you away and say you have to pay extra for pads..

Andy needs a lesson in Customer Service
I agree with what you're trying to say, but that's a horrible analogy that you have used. If you buy brake pads, use them and end up not liking them, why would any seller have any obligations to take them back and offer you another set for free? These are tangible items that have greatly diminished in value.

A better example would be if you purchased a size Large shirt, but it turns out they sent you a small. Then they should have to give you the item you intended to purchase. In this case, the OP purchased headers and tune that were supposed to give X amount of gains, but only delivered Y. Before fretting, the OP should go and verify his hp by going to another dyno shop or verifying at the track.

GL to the OP!
Old 03-27-2012, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Trying to follow you dynoed your car 2 times? Once with kleeman and once with mhp? Why do you think it needs a reflash? The techtec file mated with the longtubes are proven real world by many, dynoes are not that good there are many different things that could have changed in a years time? Temp humidity? Can you post both dynoes this would def, help include the address of the place we can look at da first and foremost
Old 03-27-2012, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
I agree with what you're trying to say, but that's a horrible analogy that you have used. If you buy brake pads, use them and end up not liking them, why would any seller have any obligations to take them back and offer you another set for free? These are tangible items that have greatly diminished in value.

A better example would be if you purchased a size Large shirt, but it turns out they sent you a small. Then they should have to give you the item you intended to purchase. In this case, the OP purchased headers and tune that were supposed to give X amount of gains, but only delivered Y. Before fretting, the OP should go and verify his hp by going to another dyno shop or verifying at the track.

GL to the OP!
I would say its more like buying a 2011 c63 then hearing better things about the 2012 and expecting to get it upgraded for free? Kent Andy petro Keith and I spent time and money to tweak this new and improved tune. We got a better tune now everyone wants the upgrade for free cause its new and improved
Old 03-27-2012, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by dodger63
I would say its more like buying a 2011 c63 then hearing better things about the 2012 and expecting to get it upgraded for free? Kent Andy petro Keith and I spent time and money to tweak this new and improved tune. We got a better tune now everyone wants the upgrade for free cause its new and improved
I don't think that's what the OP was implying. He stated that he is disappointed that his MHP header/tune combo only gets the same rwhp as a p31 or tune only C63. He just wants to know why he isn't getting the same HP numbers as other MHP header/tune cars. I might be wrong, but that's how I interpreted what the OP was saying.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
I don't think that's what the OP was implying. He stated that he is disappointed that his MHP header/tune combo only gets the same rwhp as a p31 or tune only C63. He just wants to know why he isn't getting the same HP numbers as other MHP header/tune cars. I might be wrong, that's how I interpreted what the OP was saying.
That's why I'm trying to help by asking weather coditions? I ran at the track with same exact setup, 62* ran a 10.78 same setup in 87* weather couldn't break into 11.0s so thee inmo is a loss of 30+ rwhp with weather being the only difference
Old 03-27-2012, 04:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

That's why I'm trying to help by asking weather coditions? I ran at the track with same exact setup, 62* ran a 10.78 same setup in 87* weather couldn't break into 11.0s so thee inmo is a loss of 30+ rwhp with weather being the only difference

I agree with you, the OP should run his car at another dyno or at the track to verify the numbers before messing with the run files.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:56 PM

C63 2011
I don't think that's what the OP was implying. He stated that he is disappointed that his MHP header/tune combo only gets the same rwhp as a p31 or tune only C63. He just wants to know why he isn't getting the same HP numbers as other MHP header/tune cars. I might be wrong, but that's how I interpreted what the OP was saying.
Yes you totally right i just dont want to have the highest number i just want something close to what everybody has.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Yes you totally right i just dont want to have the highest number i just want something close to what everybody has.
What were the weather conditions
Old 03-27-2012, 08:04 PM

C63 2011
I agree with you, the OP should run his car at another dyno or at the track to verify the numbers before messing with the run files.
The problem is there is only 2 dyno shop close to me,the other dyno shop cost an arm to get a dyno close to 350 $wich is a lil pricy.I returned to the same place only because i will have number to compare with at the end of the day.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:07 PM

C63 2011
What were the weather conditions
First dyno in June so relatively hot,second one was in October it was cold that night i remember.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:38 PM

09 c63 p30 mars red
I did not read all the post in detail but I can tell you Eurocharge's service is first class!
Old 03-27-2012, 08:39 PM

C63 2011
Mike Eurocharged will come to Montreal again to put back the stock file to see if the car is run fine and then tune again.That place that dynoed my car has now lots of c63 data because over the week end it was Eurocharged dyno tune day.So i am now able to compared with other car data that was there on that day.My set up is equivalent to a 63 with just a tune how can that be?that is the only thing that bug me.Back in October i really thought there was something wrong with that dyno shop because it was reading pretty low.But after comparing my graph and all the other graph from this week end,it just drive me mad.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
'10 C63
i understand that weather can play a difference with dyno numbers... but isn't the OP not just comparing his past dyno from a different date but he is also comparing with other c63 with different set ups on the same day with his current mhp set up? even if we say the dyno is reading low... then should it not read low for everyone else who has hopped on that dyno on that day?
Old 03-27-2012, 09:30 PM

C63 2011
:
Originally Posted by bluejae
i understand that weather can play a difference with dyno numbers... but isn't the OP not just comparing his past dyno from a different date but he is also comparing with other c63 with different set ups on the same day with his current mhp set up? even if we say the dyno is reading low... then should it not read low for everyone else who has hopped on that dyno on that day?
Old 03-27-2012, 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
First dyno in June so relatively hot,second one was in October it was cold that night i remember.
It would be better if you could post the dynoes so we could see them and look at the exact dates and settings of the dyno

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lth mhp v3 vs shorty kleeman Eurocharged tune tune