C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Update on my CEL issue (left bank lean) with a US spec car in the Middle East (Dubai)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 05:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C63 Sedan
Update on my CEL issue (left bank lean) with a US spec car in the Middle East (Dubai)

So several months ago I posted about intermittent CEL lights on my '08 C63 that I imported to Dubai where I've been living for a while. Original post is here:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...east-fuel.html

Turns out (knock on wood) it was a fuel issue after all. Basically, even though this region sits on the largest reserves of black gold, the local fuel is pretty crappy (just spoke to a independent BMW and MB shop today who verified that MB has spent a fortune due to fuel related issues and honoring warranty claims to basically clean carbon out of engines).

FWIW I've been using a local brand called Enoc, whose fuel is apparently better than others - and haven't had a CEL in the past 4 months or so.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63AMG P31

Tell me about it My car blow up white smoke from exhaust when i start the car allot of white smoke that you can barley see the person next to you and i said must be some thing in the engine i let the dealer check it and it was bad fuel they cleaned the Gas tank and every thing went Good

Note : no Engine light came up