C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OE Tuning...Flash Loader Tune...Incredible!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 c63 AMG
OE Tuning...Flash Loader Tune...Incredible!!!

Greetings All,

I don't post much, mostly a lurker but I wanted to let everyone know how impressed I am with my OE Flash Loader ECU Tune. I have a 2008 c63 sedan which I've had for a little over 3 years, so I know when there is a difference in my car. After reading all the posts, I've really wanted to get an ECU tune but I've been hesitant because of possibly voiding my extended warranty...until now with the flash loaders!

I know that Eurocharged may have been the first, but Southern California (where I'm originally from, now living in Texas) probably has the most c63's in a single area, and in my circle of car enthusiast friends/acquaintances, OE tuning has an excellent reputation from both service and product performance. Before the flash loader, I really considered driving up to Houston to get my ECU flashed but I'm so glad that I waited.

First the flash loading of my ECU was pretty much effortless once I got the product in the mail. I was a little late on ordering, but once they restocked, I had my Flash Loader within a day of shipment. After I flashed my ECU, Josh and Jeremy at OE Tuning got my files to me within an hour or two on a Sunday afternoon, which I couldn't believe, because as a physician I would do anything to not have to work on Sunday, but these guys did it. Anyway, I've had the tune for about 3 days and I certainly notice a difference having owned my car a while. It is slightly louder on initial start up. The shifting is smoother and quicker in all modes. Even in C mode, I noticed an increase in pull, but >3000-3500 RPM, it is very noticeable, especially in S Mode. The best thing is that I can just flash it back to stock when I take it in for service and/or a CEL pops up with no worries about the warranty.

For the record, I do not have any financial or beneficial interests from OE tuning, but I think their products and particularly their customer service is top notch, and better than I expected. They were quick, courteous, informative, and easy to get in contact with. Although I have no gripes with Eurocharged, my experience (as well as experiences from several people I've spoken with) has been excellent. Also, they have a great rating with BBB and are accredited with them. Even for a few hundred bucks, the security and reputation is worth it to me. Thanks to Jeremy and Josh at OE Tuning for the great service and product.

If you have any questions or would like to contact me about my OE Tuning Flash Loading of my ECU feel free to pm me.

-M.O.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:10 PM

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
2014 C63 AMG 507 sedan
Thanks! I'm very interested in the practical applications of the tune since I mainly DD the C63, so I appreciate the review. Can you comment on the MPG consumption with the tune? I assume A/F ratio was altered, so usually MPG improves. But on the same token, tuned cars automatically equips the driver with a lead foot. LOL.

+1 Physicians not working on Sunday!
Old 06-12-2012, 12:43 PM

2008 c63 AMG
gas consumption with new ECU tune

To be honest, although I haven't looked at the reading from the car computer and I've only had the tune for a few days, it still seems like there is a slight improvement on gas mileage, even with the new heavier foot. For example, over the last 2 days, I've noticed the gas guage to decrease a little slower than I'm used to (I drive 30 miles each way to work w/ very little traffic). Hope this helps.

-MO
Old 06-12-2012, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
Originally Posted by s4morejudos
Greetings All,

I don't post much, mostly a lurker but I wanted to let everyone know how impressed I am with my OE Flash Loader ECU Tune. I have a 2008 c63 sedan which I've had for a little over 3 years, so I know when there is a difference in my car. After reading all the posts, I've really wanted to get an ECU tune but I've been hesitant because of possibly voiding my extended warranty...until now with the flash loaders!

I know that Eurocharged may have been the first, but Southern California (where I'm originally from, now living in Texas) probably has the most c63's in a single area, and in my circle of car enthusiast friends/acquaintances, OE tuning has an excellent reputation from both service and product performance. Before the flash loader, I really considered driving up to Houston to get my ECU flashed but I'm so glad that I waited.

First the flash loading of my ECU was pretty much effortless once I got the product in the mail. I was a little late on ordering, but once they restocked, I had my Flash Loader within a day of shipment. After I flashed my ECU, Josh and Jeremy at OE Tuning got my files to me within an hour or two on a Sunday afternoon, which I couldn't believe, because as a physician I would do anything to not have to work on Sunday, but these guys did it. Anyway, I've had the tune for about 3 days and I certainly notice a difference having owned my car a while. It is slightly louder on initial start up. The shifting is smoother and quicker in all modes. Even in C mode, I noticed an increase in pull, but >3000-3500 RPM, it is very noticeable, especially in S Mode. The best thing is that I can just flash it back to stock when I take it in for service and/or a CEL pops up with no worries about the warranty.

For the record, I do not have any financial or beneficial interests from OE tuning, but I think their products and particularly their customer service is top notch, and better than I expected. They were quick, courteous, informative, and easy to get in contact with. Although I have no gripes with Eurocharged, my experience (as well as experiences from several people I've spoken with) has been excellent. Also, they have a great rating with BBB and are accredited with them. Even for a few hundred bucks, the security and reputation is worth it to me. Thanks to Jeremy and Josh at OE Tuning for the great service and product.

If you have any questions or would like to contact me about my OE Tuning Flash Loading of my ECU feel free to pm me.

-M.O.
you could have left all the bold out . the end definately sounds like a spokesperson speaking
Old 06-12-2012, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ
you could have left all the bold out . the end definately sounds like a spokesperson speaking
And the first post hes ever made typical.. i have nothing against oe or there products there results speak for themselves but atleast rack up 2 or 3 posts
Old 06-12-2012, 02:26 PM

2008 c63 AMG
Well, believe what you want. I usually put some sort of disclaimer about financial interests in my emails in my profession and research endeavors, but I guess it sounds too technical or in your cases interpreted as coming from an OE Tuning employee, which I'm not.

I just wanted to portray my good experience since I had a lot of hesitation, especially dealing with companies online. I've had shady experiences with other car product companies so I was thrilled that I didn't get burned on this experience.

Sorry, I don't have a lot of time to generate a ton of posts but you can just ignore mine if you don't like it or think I have other motives.

Hopefully this email helps those that are having doubts about what ECU tuning company to work with. I'm sure Eurocharged, MHP, Velos, Kleeman, etc are all great too.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
Being in healthcare myself, that last paragraph is quite common in our industry. He's just trying to say he's neutral and not affiliated. I see nothing wrong with it, just a guy trying to be honest with his stance.

anyways, OE and EC are the two companies I am thinking of when I am ready for a tune.... will keep following these threads for more feedback.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Great to hear u like it, I have the old flasher that did the logging and the new one is on its way.
Can't wait till mine comes in.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by mthis
Great to hear u like it, I have the old flasher that did the logging and the new one is on its way.
Can't wait till mine comes in.

Let me know how it works out. I am thinking on getting it for a race map for my C63. One that can be used with the stock exhaust intact. I'm curious how much I can gain with that map without any other mods.