C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

"Clunking" with H&R Coilovers.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63, 11 e350 (DD)
"Clunking" with H&R Coilovers.

So the "clunking" is getting progressively worst, and has become excessively annoying. I know this issue has been addressed before, has anyone had a resolution?

I have a "rubbing" (like rubber rubbing) noise while turning also, took it to the dealership, and they said it's coming from the coilovers also
Old 08-10-2012, 01:55 PM

C63
You may want to contact H&R and ask them. I'm not sure hows the quality on their coils but clunking is normal at times and does get very annoying. Does it usually clunk bad when you go up the drive way? I had the same issue with my CKS. I was clunking so bad so CKS improved on their upper mounts and my original ones were replaced. It improved it a lot but it still clunks here and there which is normal. Good luck. I hope you resolve your issue soon.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
I have a very conservative drop and mine have never, ever clunked, not even once. Perhaps there's a "best clue" right there. As for the rubbing noise while turning, I'd advise to get your car on a lift and carefully inspect the inner side of your tires, particularly around the shoulder area of the tread. How's things Lyyca?
Old 08-10-2012, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
C63
Clunking is NOT normal gents.

They should work without any noise at all. I'd put the car on an alignment rack and check the ball joints then the mounts on the strut.
Is it a slow speed clunk or at all speeds?

H&R makes a great product. I'd make sure all the ball joints and mouts are not making any kind do noise. Our cars are prone to having defctive suspension parts. I'd check all the above mentioned parts before swapping out the coilover.

Hope this helps

Last edited by Mikegpr03; 08-10-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:09 PM

C63
Originally Posted by bhamg
I have a very conservative drop and mine have never, ever clunked, not even once. Perhaps there's a "best clue" right there. As for the rubbing noise while turning, I'd advise to get your car on a lift and carefully inspect the inner side of your tires, particularly around the shoulder area of the tread. How's things Lyyca?
Things are good sir! I just had a photoshoot last weekend. Pictures should be available next week. I can't wait to show you guys :P