C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Horrible experince!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12 MB C63
Unhappy Horrible experince!!!

Went to a local dealer today for an oil change. Couple times my dashboard pop up with engine oil level low, so I thought I could just give her fresh oil. So I made appointment three days ago and booked for today morning. The service guy takes a look at my dashboard and sees how much I ran on kms. About 8k kms. He refused to give an oil change and was told it is not the time. He told I should come back when it hits 15k kms. He said the car takes quite a lot consumption of engine oil and no need for renew at this time. I explained how engine oil level low and he said is normal. All I need is to fill up. I insist with my request but he denied. I end up buying a filter myself and try to do an oil change myself (which I have never done). I thought this could be over. I went home and found a little piece of this at the back of my trunk. I know this is from somewhere in the car. I did a car wash and vacuum yesterday and left nothing on the back of the trunk except a set of seasonal floor mat. I do not want to go back because I have no idea what they will come up with a reason or explanation for this one. Did anyone know what this could be? It seems like is being pulled by an amount of force from somebody. I popped up the front hood and did a check but I have no idea where it came from. Anyways. I would probably do my first service somewhere else.
Attached Thumbnails Horrible experince!!!-img_1108.jpg  
Old 08-25-2012, 12:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
SA must be out of his mind. The dealer will gladly charge you to change your oil once a week if you want to.

Last edited by DuaneC63; 08-25-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:13 AM

12 MB C63
All I want is a simple oil change and it seems so hard for them to do. I will have to go to my friend's body shop for a full check up see what it is. Sigh..
Old 08-25-2012, 02:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK55
Wow...
Old 08-25-2012, 09:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
time to either go to another SA in that dealership or find a new dealer all together
Old 08-25-2012, 09:33 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
I'd report the SA... and you need to get some *****, change your ton and ask for his superior if something like this ever happens again. The client is king.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
The only reason I would think they refused to change your oil is because you have pre-paid maintenance? Otherwise, your SA is smoking serious crack & should be fired by MB. LOL I mean who in their right mind would refused to change oil for $$?
Old 08-25-2012, 11:51 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2006 CLS500 - Iridium Silver w/ AMG Sportline
I had a sa refuse only to do an oil change, instead of an A service at my request. The little light said I needed an A, but the car had sat almost all winter long, so it had maybe 1,200 miles since the last A. No good reason to pay for a high priced inspection after that little mileage. SA refused and said he must obey the indicator.

Later I got a promo email from a new dealer GM. I used that oppty to share my story and why I'd not been back. I got a personal call, an apology, they picked up my car at my house, changed the oil for free and returned it.

Not sure who's instructing these SA's to operate like robots.

Last edited by boschk; 08-25-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:14 PM

2014 ML63 AMG, 2018 C63S AMG, AUDI RS6
Thats a pretty **** poor effort form your dealership. They should entertain your request given your advance booking. Heck, no harm servicing your car earlier than normal... We do ours every 8000kms to 10,000kms.

hope you get a decent hook up.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:50 PM

C63
I feel like there are two sides to the story here.

I had a similar situation with the oil level running a little low. My SA advised me that there was no need to change the oil again in such a short period of time, but they would gladly top off the oil for me free of charge.

I understand you asked for an oil change, but you may have misread the situation and taken it the wrong way. If you tell them to do the oil change they will do it. There's nothing wrong with an honest SA not trying to make a buck off you or take advantage of a situation like this.

What concerns me at this point is that you are inexperienced and trying to do an oil change by yourself and found a mysterious piece of something in the back of your trunk.

Go back to the dealer and tell them to change your oil. Don't ask this time and just have it done by a professional. It's simple. YOU are the customer and wanting a service. They are here to provide you with said service. Unless you screwed something up when trying to change the oil yourself this task should go smoothly.