Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 03:24 PM
RL1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG C63 Affalterbach Edition
Drove the SLS today...

This thing is SIIIICKKKKKKKK!!!!!

571hp!! And while my C63 barks on downshifts, this thing goes PAPPP PAPPP PAPPP every time you lift off the throttle! The sounds are AMAZING! of course it is BLISTERING fast as well

this one had the ceramic brakes installed and they were also AMAZING! i thought it would take some time to get used to them, as well as to the lonnggggggggg hood, and tinnnnyyyy windshield but i felt at home as soon as i hit the road.

some other pics from the day...

always nice to see the Mclaren again...

Porsche

this one brought back a lot of memories..as my first car was a 924S

my baby getting detailed

and a quick vid of the Maclarens

RL
Old 09-01-2012, 04:53 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2011 E550 4Matic & 2010 Audi Q5 & 2015 C63 507
Looks like you were in the Woodbridge area.

Last edited by oggie; 09-01-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 Black Series
Awesome. So you would say that the acceleration and overall driving experience in the SLS was a huge step change from your car? I have heard mixed reports/reviews on this point, especially from those coming from a C63 P31 performance pkg car
Old 09-01-2012, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS, SLK, ETC
I love the performance of MP cars but appearance-wise, I felt nothing... Absolutely nothing...Don't believe me? See one in person..
Old 09-01-2012, 05:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Thx RL for sharing the pics, it's always entertaining to look at ur pics.

Have u participate in one of the AMG event at the track? If not, u should sign up in a future one if it's not too late. If u find the SLS to be a blast to drive on the road, it is a monster on rails at the track!!
Old 09-01-2012, 05:36 PM
RL1

Originally Posted by jtrichel
Awesome. So you would say that the acceleration and overall driving experience in the SLS was a huge step change from your car? I have heard mixed reports/reviews on this point, especially from those coming from a C63 P31 performance pkg car

it is definitely a different driving experience as a whole.

first of all, the sound is unreal..watch the first 30 seconds of this video, that is an SLS

http://www.streetfire.net/video/jere...ob_2086241.htm

it did feel a bit faster when accelerating on the highway as well.

but it is the overall experience that is so different...the gullwing doors, climbing in, the ceramic brakes, the long hood, small windscreen...

and the little things as well..for example, i usually drive with my window and sunroof open..i also like to rest my elbow on the door sill but here you sit so low, that your elbow ends up pretty much above your head if you try that.

yup, definitely different...and i want one!

RL
Old 09-01-2012, 05:52 PM

2013 C63 Black Series
Thanks for the insights. I have never driven one. But I have drove a C63 P31. You could basically buy three (3) brand new C63 P31 cars for the price of the SLS. Or two (2) C63 Black Series (almost). Or two (2) CLS63 PP.... ok I will stop there So I have always thought to myself that the SLS better be a much better performing/all over driving experience for the $200k+ cost.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:22 PM
RL1

well i have gone back and forth on that kind of thinking...i mean a C63 P31 has more horsepower and torque than a Ferrari F40...but certainly they are a different driving experience!

for a while i did think it would be crazy to spend 3 times as much to get a gallardo for just 40 more HP but the SLS reminded me that it isn't just about a few tenths of a second 0-60..it's about the whole experience.

RL
Old 09-01-2012, 10:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 BS, 2011 SLS, 2014 CLS63-S
The SLS is a blast to drive, Its just so visceral. Its so much louder and IMO more intoxicating than the C63. On the track, its just a beast. I will certainly own one someday.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:09 PM

Pewter W211
I am incredibly jealous, I would love to take an SLS out for a "spin".
Old 09-01-2012, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
The sls really is a wonderful car to drive. hmm best way I can explain it is that it is like the refined and sophisticated lady we all lust after... but little do we know she is also a tiger in bed.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
Coming from a C63 and into the SLS, the SLS is a completely different animal. There really is no comparison of the two. At first when I heard about MB coming out with the SLS, I thought how different can it be? It has the same motor displacement, just a 110hp more. When I did get to drive one at the AMG Driving academy in 2011, I nearly crapped myself. The difference in the two cars is unimaginable. The SLS is a raw sounding car, it makes you feel like you are really driving a race car. The acceleration blows the C63 to 60mph, quarter mile and the biggest differnce is after the quarter mile, this car at first actually scared me a bit. So, in trying to compare the two, I think you are giving the C63 to much credit. I am in no way bashing the C63, as this was my first love and I owned it for three years and it is responsible in getting me to the MB dealer to buy the SLS.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:20 PM

2013 C63 Black Series
Originally Posted by 1st amg
Coming from a C63 and into the SLS, the SLS is a completely different animal. There really is no comparison of the two. At first when I heard about MB coming out with the SLS, I thought how different can it be? It has the same motor displacement, just a 110hp more. When I did get to drive one at the AMG Driving academy in 2011, I nearly crapped myself. The difference in the two cars is unimaginable. The SLS is a raw sounding car, it makes you feel like you are really driving a race car. The acceleration blows the C63 to 60mph, quarter mile and the biggest differnce is after the quarter mile, this car at first actually scared me a bit. So, in trying to compare the two, I think you are giving the C63 to much credit. I am in no way bashing the C63, as this was my first love and I owned it for three years and it is responsible in getting me to the MB dealer to buy the SLS.
Did you have the P31 on your C63? Comparing those two engines, isnt the HP difference less than 100hp? I get the fact that the SLS is a much more special, unique, total experience...far more to it than just acceleration, etc. I get that. I was asking more about the difference with a C63 P31 in terms of acceleration.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No I didnt have the P31 or in "my days" the P30, I was one of the first in Canada with the C63 as it was a 2008. It wasnt offered, but the HP difference in a non equipped P31 in 0-60 times is I beleive 1 tenth. The SLS difference is almost 1 second. I will put it to you this way, I was one of the first members here back in December who had the opportunity to attend my fifth ADA in West palm beach and they had for the first time the new 2012 C63 Black Series which I had on order. Keep in mind, back in December of this year the Black Series was just about to go into production, so for me to have seat time in the Black Series I was thrilled as it was on order. Though I loved the Black Series, when I drove the SLS again on the track for numerous laps I kept looking at the SLS as my true "next AMG". The acceleration compared to the Black still to me seemed different in all facets, the feel, rush, sound everything made me want the SLS more. I didnt seemed satisfied with the order I had put in for the Black Series. In all honesty I had the Black Series as my "stepping stone" to the SLS. All I am saying as that there was a comparison of a C63 P31 to a SLS and I had to chime in as I have had the fortune to own both.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

jtrichel, will you be at the F1 race there in Austin in November, my brother and I will be going for the weekend...he is also a member here "coladin" and is a C63 owner.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:57 PM

2013 C63 Black Series
That's very helpful....

Wish the SLS had backseats....same I feel about the GT3 and other cars I lust for... need small back seats for my two young boys.

Yes will definitely be at F1 in November. I am convinced that Austin is not ready for it, and it is going to be like armageddon. I assume you have your hotel already. There is nothing within 100 miles with availability. I think the Red Roof Inn on Highway 71 toward Houston was the last to go, I heard $700/night.... silly....

Dealer says my BS should delivery around the first week in November, so could be very cool timing for me to drive it to F1! My company has a suite/box, so will get a parking pass. Still not sure I want to drive it in the mayhem there though.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:51 AM

C63 BS & Speciale
People always said BS is too expensive for its performance, i think the same applied to SLS as well.
Similar priced super car rival like Scud,458,R8V10,LP560/570....are much more than look!
Old 09-03-2012, 01:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
No I didnt have the P31 or in "my days" the P30, I was one of the first in Canada with the C63 as it was a 2008. It wasnt offered, but the HP difference in a non equipped P31 in 0-60 times is I beleive 1 tenth. The SLS difference is almost 1 second. I will put it to you this way, I was one of the first members here back in December who had the opportunity to attend my fifth ADA in West palm beach and they had for the first time the new 2012 C63 Black Series which I had on order. Keep in mind, back in December of this year the Black Series was just about to go into production, so for me to have seat time in the Black Series I was thrilled as it was on order. Though I loved the Black Series, when I drove the SLS again on the track for numerous laps I kept looking at the SLS as my true "next AMG". The acceleration compared to the Black still to me seemed different in all facets, the feel, rush, sound everything made me want the SLS more. I didnt seemed satisfied with the order I had put in for the Black Series. In all honesty I had the Black Series as my "stepping stone" to the SLS. All I am saying as that there was a comparison of a C63 P31 to a SLS and I had to chime in as I have had the fortune to own both.
Hey 1st AMG, sounds like you're really enjoying your SLS. I was following behind a black one over here in Vancouver and it was just beautiful. Got any pics of your car? Would love to see it.

Thanks.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drove the SLS today...-ottawa-20120327-00110.jpgI have another thread which I posted some new pictures of the SLS, but here I found one I uploaded on my computer. I have to take some new pictures soon.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Attachment 242789I have another thread which I posted some new pictures of the SLS, but here I found one I uploaded on my computer. I have to take some new pictures soon.
Stunning car....I'm sure it looks even better in person. Congratulations on a great choice.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 E63 S
Hey Sebring - can you tell me how the R8 5.2 compares to your old C63?

I am doing some succession planning and that car is on a short list of candidates.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SebringSilver
Stunning car....I'm sure it looks even better in person. Congratulations on a great choice.
Thanks Sebring, when I saw your name pop up, I was surprised as I remember you from the beginning of the C63 forums back in 2008, good to see you are still around! Your current car is a beauty as well. I think it is one of the sexiest cars on the road.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by Chocofishez
Hey Sebring - can you tell me how the R8 5.2 compares to your old C63?

I am doing some succession planning and that car is on a short list of candidates.
It's quite difficult to compare the two, and not only because one is a 2-seater and the other is a sedan (or 2+2 coupe). The character and personality are vastly different and each has its own strengths and weaknesses. Personally, I like the all-round capabilities of the R8 and when the V8 version first came out I wanted to give it a try. i missed the brute force of the AMG though, and so the natural next step to take was to get the V10. You should go take one for a test drive to see if it's right for you or not. AMG motors are addictive, and you may not be able to give it up.

Thanks Sebring, when I saw your name pop up, I was surprised as I remember you from the beginning of the C63 forums back in 2008, good to see you are still around! Your current car is a beauty as well. I think it is one of the sexiest cars on the road.
I still lurk from time to time and see lots of great posts by people who remain just as enthusiastic about the C63 today as we were when we first started posting here. People like you and I have obviously moved on, but it's clear that we still admire the C63 for all that it embodies. Happy motoring, my friend!

P.S. Thanks for the compliment on the R8.